Sign in to follow this  
blahdy

Dogs of War question (Spoilers)

Hi, just got this game and I'm totally new to this :)

I'm on the last campaign mission Dogs of War and I am at the stage where I'm supposed to hand over Lopotev to the Russians. Just did that and during the cutscene where Spetsnaz suddenly jump us from behind and attack us, the game decided to bug out on me, everyone in the cut scene suddenly froze for no apparent reason.. I escaped out, reloaded from Autosave and this time the cutscene went smoothly.

After the cutscene ended, the Ural truck that I drove the prisoner in is suddenly chasing me and my Razor mates the whole time, it just won't stop, no matter how many orders (Disembark, move here, stop, whatever) I give it. And we are standing out in the open with me having nothing but an ak47 with half a magazine left and the enemy Spetsnaz are holed up in a little building like annoying pricks. I just can't seem to figure out a way to take them out, no matter what I do to attack them, they are holed up in the building, backed up by a sniper, just killing me or one of my team mates.

At one point, I finally managed to kill them all, but two of my teammates died in the process. I started hearing the scripted voice overs about the dead being Spetsnaz, so I figured we're all good for next phase of the mission, but then mission ended in failure due to death of a Razor mate. doh..

After spending an hour reloading from saved games on how to take these guys out w/o getting any one of us killed, I just couldn't figure it out... So I decided the hell with this crap, hitchhiked back to nearest CDF captured town, Fast-Travelled back to the CDF HQ base, bought myself an Mi-24 Hind. Then I flew it over to the Spetsnaz position and pumped 20 rockets into that little annoying building they were hiding in and firing at us from. Then right after that, the mission FINALLY (ZOMG, only after an hour+ of time wasted) ENDS SUCCESSFULLY (cutscenes load to The War that Never Was and campaign ends). And ofcourse, getting rid of the annoying Spetsnaz pricks holed up in the house with a Hind was extremely satisfying at last, though little overpowered.

Does anyone have any tips on how to actually take these guys, without doing it the unorthodox way like I just did..?

Edited by blahdy

Does anyone have any tips on how to actually take these guys, without doing it the unorthodox way like I just did..?

You call that "unorthodox"? :D

If I'd be in that situation, I'd call for an arty strike or have some jets flatten the area - everything that leads to success and saves own troops is just right ;)

Hi, just got this game and I'm totally new to this :)

I'm on the last campaign mission Dogs of War and I am at the stage where I'm supposed to hand over Lopotev to the Russians. Just did that and during the cutscene where Spetsnaz suddenly jump us from behind and attack us, the game decided to bug out on me, everyone in the cut scene suddenly froze for no apparent reason.. I escaped out, reloaded from Autosave and this time the cutscene went smoothly.

After the cutscene ended, the Ural truck that I drove the prisoner in is suddenly chasing me and my Razor mates the whole time, it just won't stop, no matter how many orders (Disembark, move here, stop, whatever) I give it. And we are standing out in the open with me having nothing but an ak47 with half a magazine left and the enemy Spetsnaz are holed up in a little building like annoying pricks. I just can't seem to figure out a way to take them out, no matter what I do to attack them, they are holed up in the building, backed up by a sniper, just killing me or one of my team mates.

At one point, I finally managed to kill them all, but two of my teammates died in the process. I started hearing the scripted voice overs about the dead being Spetsnaz, so I figured we're all good for next phase of the mission, but then mission ended in failure due to death of a Razor mate. doh..

After spending an hour reloading from saved games on how to take these guys out w/o getting any one of us killed, I just couldn't figure it out... So I decided the hell with this crap, hitchhiked back to nearest CDF captured town, Fast-Travelled back to the CDF HQ base, bought myself an Mi-24 Hind. Then I flew it over to the Spetsnaz position and pumped 20 rockets into that little annoying building they were hiding in and firing at us from. Then right after that, the mission FINALLY (ZOMG, only after an hour+ of time wasted) ENDS SUCCESSFULLY (cutscenes load to The War that Never Was and campaign ends). And ofcourse, getting rid of the annoying Spetsnaz pricks holed up in the house with a Hind was extremely satisfying at last, though little overpowered.

How did u buy the hind? i built an aircraft factory on HQ, but it says that is NO factory:(

Or I should have titled this Dogs of War - end game

That's funny! Taking them out with the Hind. One time I played it I exploited the bug in which the enemy is frozen, all piled on top of each other behind the building. Just walked up to them and shot them all with no return fire! (Although one refused to die, had to empty a whole magazine into him before he croaked.). The time I "played it for real" I had Razor team hit the dirt and stay put, while I rushed into the building before the trio showed up and shot them from behind (all's fair in love and war). The other team members were able to take out other enemy without getting killed. If you have a choice of targets, eliminate the sniper first. You know that you have success if you get the "I think we got them all" side chatter. Once you have accomplished this task the mission will end, unless you have not destroyed the base near Msta, in which case, just go to Msta and trash the base to end the mission and the game. (note, not yet tested with the 6B version of Dogs of War, still working on that one)

Edited by br@cob

This is what Bohemia did awfully bad and is the worst part in the game. Team AI is so bad in this particular moment it's impossible to not get any in the Razor team killed. Sure sometimes i get lucky but it's one time out of a dozen. This and all the other moments when the awful team AI did everything to make the missions go fubar is the games really big downsides.

I won't give Bohemia any money for ARMA 3 until they fix these annoying bugs. The game randomly crash to desktop once in a while, especially with the "out of memory" bug. Well with 8 gigs and Windows 8 you shouldn't think they could sort out the bugs by now but they didn't.

I've played the Badlands mission for a total of 94 hours. Nothing can beat that after uncountable restarts and reloads.

Screw this Bohemia and get your acts together!!