Sign in to follow this  
Aiight

Hey modellers

How are you creating models? What programs are you using? I've used gmax before but you can't be making these models from scratch, are you? I'd just like to know, so one day I might have the capability to make my own.

Hey there.

I use 3D studio MAX to model, thats the program gMax is built "from". gMAX is a free version of 3Ds MAX and does not have as many tools and so on as 3Ds MAX but you can surely make models from scratch in gMAX.

I have used gMAX quite much myself (to make tutorials) and I must say that its relly easy to model with. hmmm... I´m a used 3Ds MAX modeler but anyway... I guess you havn´t found the tools like "edit mesh" modifier to edit the object more than to rescale boxes wink.gif If I was you I would begin with some tutorials for gMAX or another 3D program and start modeling simple stuff to advance to more and more complex stuff. You can find some tutorials here for gMAX and here for 3Ds MAX. Some of the turorials for 3Ds MAX are usefull in gMAX too because those programs looks quite much the same if your not modeling more complex stuff. Good luck