Sign in to follow this  
BlackDeath

Need a little help here...

i would start makeing some maps but i cant figure out how to make it so you respawn when you die, other then turning into a bird...if you guys could help i would appriciate it

Add two markers into map named "Respawn_East" and "Respawn_West".

Add to description.ext -file in your mission folder the following lines:

respawn = "BASE"

respawndelay = timeInSeconds

if i was gonna add resistance also would a marker be named "Respawn_Resistance" ?

im in the description.ext file right now thats located in: C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\Missions is this the right file? im trying to make it as a multiplayer mission so do i need to do this to the file in MPmissions folder?

edit: do i need to make 'timeInSeconds' a actualy seconds, or do i do that later?

if you dont mind explaining it more through, because i THINK i did what you said and it still does not work.

You need to put the description.ext file in the directory where your mission file is located.

i.e. If you call your mission 'shootme' on the Desert Island map then it will be located in

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\UserName\Missions\shootme.intro

UserName will be your game user name.

Inside there will be a mission.sqm file that the mission editor reads. You put the description.ext file in here, as well as any briefing files etc.

And yeah timeInSeconds is a number like 3.

Edit: This only works for multiplayer maps! (I think)

well ive tried all of the things you guys said and it doesnt seem to work, is there a good tutorial out there for it? if so id use that other then askin a bunch of questions..