Sign in to follow this  
mashimocs

Cant install

Yeah, got a PC rebuild being delivered tomorrow with a fresh copy of Vista 64/Windows 7 upgrade.

Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly..

You'll need to cross more n that ;):D

I'm not sure if this is related but I tried to install Arma 1 under Windows 7 to give it a bit of a test under 7, and the installation would go fine but when I tried to patch it would say the patch was corrupt (tried 4 different patches and 10 reinstalls)

I did some searching and turns out there is a security fix put in place in Windows 7 that doesn't like may types of installers, it causes permission issues with many games (Arma 1 included). Although this depends heavily on computer configuration.

It's possible that Microsoft released a security patch for Vista that could be having the same effect on Arma 2 (which may be the cause of one or more issues) but not confirmed and haven't updated Vista in a while so can't test myself.

Hi all,

I will just continue topic as is similar to my. Yesterday I received Arma 2..and did what I always do clean the system of any rubbish...and so on. Put DVD in side..started the installing the game...no problem true whole installation..just one at end ( unable to install directx )...push OK...finished installation. Than it happen :) I went start the game...and crash ( arma2.exe bla..bla )...I tried to fix the problem with patch...NO GO...than I tried reinstalling the game ( before cleaned the system again )...and again NO GO. Also..when I try by taking DVD out..and putting it in again...it shows only INSTALL button..no PLAY...like the game is not installed. "Help me OBI-ONE you are my only hope :)"

I've seen that issue, I think it relates to the game not actually activating properly.

Try uninstalling Arma 2 then goto regedit then look for the key (HKLM->Software->Bohemia Interactive Studio->Arma 2) and delete that entire key.

After that, try installing another game that uses Securom (check wikipedia for games list) and then install Arma 2.

The problem could also be caused by a lack of permissions. If that's the case you shouldn't see the problem under XP or Vista (with user access control disabled), Windows 7 has a lot more hidden security so it may not work as well, but completely disabling all levels of user access control under Windows 7 may help.

I tryed ...I even reinstall system ....and it whant start...this is ***

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 AM ----------

My config. is

Intel Quad 9300 @2,5 MHz

HD 4870 5xx MBa

PIONEER DVD DVR-215D

4 GB RAM

This should work...what is wrong..d** it :(:(

Best bet is to email both bis and securom.

Which sorce is it from (ie steam, hard DVD, nexway, d2d) and what language?

I've heard some reports that some of the digital distributions come up with this problem. Most cases it was pirates with bad copies, but in some cases if was legit copies having trouble activating.

I did send report to secrom ( waiting to ses the answer ). The game was both Online from UK ( www.game.co.uk ) ..its "hard DVD" English version . I will try DVD on some other PC just to be shore ...but at a moment it looks like this one is going back.

In most circumstances (well, legit ones) it occurs when someone had the german version then removed it and installed the English version, but if you're working from a fresh OS install then you shouldn't be having that problem.

That's what is annoying...its fresh OS...Up to date Drivers ...newest Directx...win updated...and it wont work. This is just frustrating. I newer had any such problems with other games.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:42 AM ----------

I received answer from SecuROM :

Hello.

Thank you for your e-mail.

After careful inspection of the analysis file it appears that the issue is not

SecuROM related. Please install the latest patches for the game.

Please contact the software publisher for further support options related to

issues specific to the software.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

So it looks like it's the game...grate :yay::yay: :mad:

My best suggestion is to return it from whence it came and get the steam version, or get another game, your choice.