Sign in to follow this  
malecos

Squad -> Rearm and reinforcements

First post, thanks in advance for any help. Two questions. One about re-arming squad members. Second is about re-inforcements.

Re-arming squad members:

Having a great time with the game. Especially since I've modded with the Ai-Dispersion mod. I'm now able to play to the point where my squad runs out of ammo. I'm playing in singleplayer->scenarios->missions->my missions and I've created a default combat mission. Great stuff and easy to get into.

My question is, how do I re-arm my squad? I'm out of ammo, I request an ammo drop, and I'm at the crate. I can re-arm myself easily. But I cannot find a menu item that allows me to command my squad to re-arm. If I switch out of leader mode, the leader (now not me( commands everyone to get ammo.

Is there a menu item that I can use to command squad members to re-arm?

Reinforcements:

Secops notifies me that reinforcements are available when squad members die in combat. They place a task and a waypoint on the map. Before moving there I respond letting secops know I would like re-inforcements. I then head to the waypoint. but reinforcements never arrive. Is there something I am doing wrong? Do I need to notify secops again when I arrive?

Reinforcements:

Secops notifies me that reinforcements are available when squad members die in combat. They place a task and a waypoint on the map. Before moving there I respond letting secops know I would like re-inforcements. I then head to the waypoint. but reinforcements never arrive. Is there something I am doing wrong? Do I need to notify secops again when I arrive?

It isnt a very reliable function, when/if the chopper gets distracted or attacked they just seem to fly off before dropping the reinforcements and never return. :confused:

Half-assed or not, it's still optional (SecOps that is). The game works perfectly fine when you make missions and do everything yourself... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the feedback. Still, does anyone know how to re-arm your squad members?

There is so much about this game that is unfinished and half assed.

What is so unfinished and half assed about a chopper flying away when it's being shot at?

Thanks for the feedback. Still, does anyone know how to re-arm your squad members?

Part of the problem is you have to order your squadmates to rearm one at a time, at least as far as I can tell. Assuming you have an ammo crate/truck nearby:

a) select squad member you want to rearm (f2-f12);

b) press the 6 key on the keyboard to bring up the "Action" menu;

c) select (1) "Rearm at..." the appropriate resupply point.

I played around with this a bit in the editor. I placed a squad, an ammo crate and an ammo truck nearby. When you select the "Action" menu (6) it gives you the ammo source that you (squad leader) are standing closest to - it does not give you a choice of one or the other. So if I'm nearer to the ammo crate I can order a single squad member to rearm at the ammo crate.

I tried selecting multiple squad mates, but when I do the Rearm option doesn't appear - only the "salute" and "sit down" options. I also tried assigning teams but still no go. Doesn't seem very realistic (to me anyway) to have to issue individual orders for rearming when you could just as easily issue a group order, and those that need to rearm will while those that don't won't.

a) select squad member you want to rearm (f2-f12);

b) press the 6 key on the keyboard to bring up the "Action" menu;

c) select (1) "Rearm at..." the appropriate resupply point.

Thank you very much! I'll give that a try.

Thank you very much! I'll give that a try.

You're welcome! BTW, it's also possible to order them to take weapons/ammo from nearby dead soldiers...

a) select squad mate;

b) select (6) ACTION;

c) select (8) GEAR (not sure if it's always #8);

The squad mate will move to the closest dead soldier (friendly or enemy, closest to HIM), and the gear window containing the dead guy's gear will pop up. You can then swap whatever you want with the dead body. If you want a squad mate to take a particular soldier's weapons, move him close to the body first, then issue the orders above.