Sign in to follow this  
iMesh

Fun For All: Opposing Force and Free Roam

Since I don't feel like typing the description again, I'll just quote myself:

My map is designed with no mission objective and no time or score limit. Its sole purpose

is to explore Chenarus in all its glory. The players spawn in the air field, with a plethora

of aircraft around them to hop into. Helicopters, planes. Nearly every type of aircraft is

in plain sight (or tucked away in the hangars) of the airfield. If there's something you

want thats not there, across the way is a construction interface that gives you access

to nearly every ground and air vehicle in the game. Aside from the main Airfield base, there

are other bases as well. Each gives you access to ground and air vehicles as well. At the

game's spawn point, there are ammo crates which gives you access to literally every weapon in

the game. It has a script which refills the crates, essentially giving you unlimited ammo if

you restock it.

Overall, there are two versions of my map. Opposing Force, and Free Roam. In Opposing Force,

there are 10 bases (I'll have different versions for different number of bases later on) with

more then a handful of insurgency infantry. One base has multiple AA defenses and will shoot

you down if you pass over it. Each base has a map marker along with a warning for the base

with AA emplacements. As far as I'm aware of, the enemy will never actually attack the main

airfield base, or any of the other bases.

The other version is Free Roam. There's no enemy bases at all. Just you, and Chenarus. You

still have the airfield, fully stocked along with the construction interfaces. I have no

civilians yet for the out-laying towns, but to make up for it, I put interfaces for civilian

vehicles in every town. So if you crash land or get stranded near a town, your still able to

transport yourself.

I developed this map suited to my own gameplay preference, and that of my own small community

of people's preference. Which is screw around with no objectives, and fight the enemy when we

want, how we want. All the while having access to nearly everything the game has to offer.

Depending on demand, I'll release a public friendly version of this map, but right now its far

from ready for the public. All of these things are already implemented for the map and work just

fine. I had many MP matches with my friends and it works, depending on the difficulty of course.

I just realized I didn't list it before, so I'll list the scripts I'm using now:

Simple Vehicle Respawning Script by Tophe of Östgöta Ops [OOPS]

JON Editor Update for placement of Mini-City next to Airfield and many other buildings to come.

Universal Weapons Respawn Script by toadlife revised by norrin for ArmA

Description.ext taken from the Hunt Waldo misison by Bon_Inf because I couldn't find a seperate one.

This thread will exist to garner interest in this kind of gameplay for Arma2. If

the number of people wanting it continues to grow, I'll release it in player

friendly version (instead of a half ass'ed version thats only acceptable to

myself).

Whoops, thanks. >_<. Still new here and a bit tired. Sorry. If you can just delete this thread, I'd be happy. Thanks.

Edited by iMesh