Sign in to follow this  
BeverageOnBoard

Wizard Problem - Inserting into middle of ocean - HELP, please!!

Hey all - brand new to Arma, super fun game, just got it.

MY PROBLEM: Installed Gold onto Vista 32, everything is great. Immediately patched to 1.08V. Everything works / loads / looks great, but when I go to SP or MP and use the Mission Wizard, then select either of the two new maps (I believe Porto and another - sorry, not at my game comp right now), I select island and view the map and the game puts me in the middle of the ocean, like hours away from the island. I scroll over to see the island and there is no Insertion Icon or others of any kind. Ditched my install, reinstalled and tried it again without the patch and same issue, inserting in the ocean.

This doesn't happen with the first two, main island maps. Where did the insertion / extraction points go? I've scrolled the entire map, they are nowhere to be found so how do I get them back? Am using a low-medium spec'd machine, core2duo, 2Gigs, 256M on X1600

Any help would be so-greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Porto is included in Queen's Gambit expansion, i assume you have it?

If not, that could be the problem.

I had the same problem when creating new wizard, I updated to 1.14 and still had the problem, also with some new islands.

Realy strange but I find something to fixed it.

If you get out of the map in the middle of the ocean when creating new wizard, just try this :

After creating new wizard and choosed the mod like" controle sector" for exemple, you get on on the page menu where you can choose the island, just choose the island Rahmadi and then click on Map (I don't have english version so i think it's called map it's just under island) and then go back and choose your island and again map, and now you should see your base point start on the map.

Working for me, it's like the map Rahmadi is a fixer for that problem, hope you understand my english.

Edited by Zigaboo