Sign in to follow this  
Lammah

Advancing Respawns

Hey everyone. This is my first post but I have been using these forums to answer a lot of my questions. Its a big help.

Anyway. My problem is with the respawns. Is there any way to make it so you respawn close to where you died, but not the instant respawn option. Like the "respawn_west" general area closest to you is where you respawn. I usually make a lot of respawn points and when i die im moved to the opposite side of the map instead of a point closer to where I died. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Usually this is done by either moving the respawn_west marker via some method, or having some kind of vehicle be used as a spawn point and either script something to teleport players there after a death or allow them some other method of teleporting there.

If you're using the default BIS respawn, you'd need to move the marker to change where you respawn. Perhaps something like setting up a Radio trigger for "Move Respawn here" then have that trigger:

"respawn_west" setMarkerPos getPos player;

There is a note on the setMarkerPos that this won't work on dedicated servers, so you'd have to have the server run the command.

My operation magpie mission (link in my sig) does exactly what you're after.

The respawn shifting is compatible with hosted and dedicated servers.