Sign in to follow this  
UbiquitousUK

SP Mission: Sweep & Strike

I've extracted the file to Arma 2/missions, but when I go to the Arma 2 single player menu, its not there. Can someone please tell me what area to look in, or if I saved it wrong?

(sorry for typo in the title, but I don't think you can edit the title)

Did u extract the .pbo file from the compressed 7z?

If u use winrar open the file u download with it and extract the SP_ZelenogorskStrike.Chernarus.pbo to your ArmA2\Missions folder.

If u don't have winrar the download 7zip from www.7zip.org (which is free) and extract the file with it.

This mission was great, I will keep a watch out for any other missions you make.

*off to play a Different kind of war 1 and 2 now :yay:*

I do have winRAR (free trial at least) and i have extracted the pbo file to Arma 2/missions. However, when i extract, the whole sweep and strike file gets extracted, so i have Arma 2/missions/sweep and strike/pbo. file. I'm not sure if thats supposed to happen or not. I also might be extracting it to the wrong missions folder, there are at least 2 or 3 different ones. The one I extract to is empty other than the sweep and strike file. Also, where do I look in the Arma 2 main menu to find user created missions that I downloaded? Thanks for your help.

Place the .pbo inside the ArmA2\Missions folder. Don't do it like ArmA2\Missions\Sweep\file.pbo

Thats the thing. I select the .pbo file and extract it to missions folder, but then it automatically extracts the sweep and strike folder rather than just the .pbo file.

For extracting i always open the compressed files and then inside the program (winrar for u) i select the files i want and then i drag them to the desired folder.

BTW when ur winrar free trial expires give 7zip a try (on tools/options u can select to deal with all compressed files)

Maybe its something wrong with winRAR, but I can't select only the pbo. file. Whenever I select it and extract it, it extracts the whole file, not just the .pbo. I might try dowloading the 7zip thing your tlaking about and see if that works.

---------- Post added at 05:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Okay, I was able to get the .pbo file into missions by copying it, but now its still not in the single player scenarios. Is this a computer problem?

Edited by fakename2