Sign in to follow this  
Kyle_K_ski

Lights off when nighttime danger starts

Help! I need scripts! If I was competent enough, I’d write these myself, but obviously I’m not, or otherwise I wouldn’t be looking for someone to kindly cook these ideas and make them a reality for the community. I feel that these scripts would be ones that would be highly valued by a sizeable portion of mission editors, either for ArmA or ArmA II. Please, if you can help make these concepts come true, it would be deeply appreciated!

Any decent missions that I make would be publicly released featuring these scripts.

Thank you for your consideration!

LIGHTS OFF WHEN NIGHTTIME DANGER STARTS

Is there a way to have rooms lit at night to be shut off once danger is detected by its occupant(s) and/or any similarly-aligned occupant who enters the building? That said, even buildings occupied only be civilians should have there lights turned off once something unusual is determined as going on. Ideally, the script would identify if a building is occupied by a unit. If occupied, the lit rooms would have their lights shutoff one-by-one with the whole process taking as short as 7 sec. for a building with one room’s light on and 28 sec. for a building that has 3 or more lights on; this would simulate the “traveling time†it would take for the occupant(s) to move throughout the building to shut all of its lights off. Ideally, we’d see the AI crouch as they race from one lit room to another, but, in my opinion, it’s more than enough to get the lights to shutoff at all, and would certainly deepen the player’s sense that thinking people are smartly occupying a structure rather than staying in a room that’s brightly shining its light on them at night. The minimum time and the maximum time could be set by the mission designer, but I’d suggest a formula of 7 sec./shutoff.