Sign in to follow this  
Kyle_K_ski

Re-crew important stations

Help! I need scripts! If I was competent enough, I’d write these myself, but obviously I’m not, or otherwise I wouldn’t be looking for someone to kindly cook these ideas and make them a reality for the community. I feel that these scripts would be ones that would be highly valued by a sizeable portion of mission editors, either for ArmA or ArmA II. Please, if you can help make these concepts come true, it would be deeply appreciated!

Any decent missions that I make would be publicly released featuring these scripts.

Thank you for your consideration!

RE-CREW IMPORTANT STATIONS

Is it possible to generate a script that whenever a key position, such as a machinegun nest, has its operator killed, that the nearest neighboring comrade crews that station to use it? Ideally, the script would be structured to abandon the crewing if 3-4 men are killed once they’re in close proximity to it (within 2 m.) and/or after its been crewed. This is to simulate having enough intelligence to figure out, “Hey, three of my comrades have just been ripped to pieces trying to mount the .50 cal…I better not go up there myself because it’s obviously well targeted!†The maximum amount of allowable Crew Attempts and the range at how close they can get killed near their desired station could be set by the mission designer, although I’d suggest a default setting of no more than 3 and at a distance of 2 m.