Sign in to follow this  
LordZach

Gta3 for the pc will have multiplayer

found this on another board:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks to Bo_Jangles for pointing out that the latest issue of PC Gamer has (page 27 of the April 2002 issue) a small bit on Grand Theft Auto 3 for the PC. Sure, it confirms what we already knew, but more assurance on what it will be and when it will be is always good with a game of this caliber. Here's a small bit on it:

"Rockstar quietly let the world slip a few weeks ago that GTA III was coming to the PC. A key feature will be support for 16-person multiplay, and the PC version will also sport better textures at a much nicer resolution. The mouse/keyboard setup will be instantly familiar to third-person-action fans, too. We're definitely looking forward to this one." <span id='postcolor'>

GTA 2 never lagged i played on 56k and it was great fun.

they said GTA 3 will have level editor, vehicle editor, possibley a radio station editor. as for the extras for the PC, more music on the radio, more cars,and more variations of pedestrians rumor: possible to maybe be able to fly the dodo (for those that dont know, the dodo is a airplane that looks similar to a cesna, but its wings has been shortened so it cant fly well at all, and is called dodo cuzz the now extinct bird never was capable of flying. hense the airplanes name "dodo") problem is that GTA 3 will definitly play like crap online but it sounds worth it any way. i have the game for PS2 but just because of the cool features, i might just buy the PC version biggrin.gif the only thing that i dont like about GTA is the police, i mean its like they KNOW that your up to something and dont even pay attention to what the other NPC's do in the game even though half of them mug and carjack others, the police never go after them. i really wana see more things going on in Liberty City, such as road construction as in workers accually working on the road and also buildings as well, police chases that DONT involve you for once and police making arrests on people other than just you seeing swat teams raid a building, watching fire men puting out building fires, you know the things that normally go on in a city that and in some cases the police acted too aggresively, i mean i gently bumbed their car accidently and the yank me out of my car, beat the shit out of me, and then the officier gives a funny Maranda rights speach "Any thing you say is SHIT!" then haul me away to jail that and the cars are way to delicate in GTA 3

Can't say I have ever seen the appeal of playing a GTA game over the Internet but then that’s just me, I prefer game where stuff goes boom/dies or something when I shoot it with a FN P90.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Thehamster @ Mar. 11 2002,22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can't say I have ever seen the appeal of playing a GTA game over the Internet but then that’s just me, I prefer game where stuff goes boom/dies or something when I shoot it with a FN P90.<span id='postcolor'>

obviously you never played GTA 3 cuzz things do go BOOM in the game, especialy when you get the army after you

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and in some cases the police acted too aggresively, i mean i gently bumbed their car accidently and the yank me out of my car, beat the shit out of me, and then the officier gives a funny Maranda rights speach "Any thing you say is SHIT!" then haul me away to jail<span id='postcolor'>

Thats not what normal cops do?

This is the most important post I've read all month.

I LOVE GTA I've never played the 3rd version yet but I was thinking of buying a PS2 just to play it. That shows how much I love it tounge.gif

I cant wait if you find any more info on this post away !!

monkey_bush.jpg

What do you mean you can't fly the dodo?...you can fly it for as long as you want...it's easy it just has a trick to it...while taking off lean the plane forward...not like crazy but lean forward some....then after getting a little speed you will have trouble keeping in on the ground...then pull up and not really hard just ease it up and you will fly up high quick then while in the air keep lightly learning forward....you will keep gaining altitude.....I flew for like 290 seconds but then I hit an invisible wall where the bridge is...I went over it and it was like I hit a wall when nothing was there......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (evilbyfar @ Mar. 12 2002,05:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">What do you mean you can't fly the dodo?...you can fly it for as long as you want...it's easy it just has a trick to it...while taking off lean the plane forward...not like crazy but lean forward some....then after getting a little speed you will have trouble keeping in on the ground...then pull up and not really hard just ease it up and you will fly up high quick then while in the air keep lightly learning forward....you will keep gaining altitude.....I flew for like 290 seconds but then I hit an invisible wall where the bridge is...I went over it and it was like I hit a wall when nothing was there......<span id='postcolor'>

yea yea i know the trick, but its still very lame. i mean why not just give it the damn wings? not go through all that crap just to keep it airborn

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ChickenHawk @ Mar. 11 2002,19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and in some cases the police acted too aggresively, i mean i gently bumbed their car accidently and the yank me out of my car, beat the shit out of me, and then the officier gives a funny Maranda rights speach "Any thing you say is SHIT!" then haul me away to jail<span id='postcolor'>

I LOVE GTA I've never played the 3rd version yet but I was thinking of buying a PS2 just to play it. That shows how much I love it tounge.gif

monkey_bush.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Don't bother getting a PS2, the Xbox is out now..remember! And teh Xbox is FAR superior to the PS2. Plus GTA3 is going to be out on teh Xbox by Q3 of this year. The only thing that PS2 has over Xbox right now is the amount of games out....and since Xbox hasn't been out that long, its expected, but by Q3 of 2002 teh Xbox will have just as many games. And teh games on Xbox are better looking graphic wise. So please dont be stupid and buy a PS2 bro, go grab an Xbox if you're going to buy a console!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Murda Inc @ Mar. 12 2002,07:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ChickenHawk @ Mar. 11 2002,19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and in some cases the police acted too aggresively, i mean i gently bumbed their car accidently and the yank me out of my car, beat the shit out of me, and then the officier gives a funny Maranda rights speach "Any thing you say is SHIT!" then haul me away to jail<span id='postcolor'>

monkey_bush.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

Don't bother getting a PS2, the Xbox is out now..remember! And teh Xbox is FAR superior to the PS2. Plus GTA3 is going to be out on teh Xbox by Q3 of this year. The only thing that PS2 has over Xbox right now is the amount of games out....and since Xbox hasn't been out that long, its expected, but by Q3 of 2002 teh Xbox will have just as many games. And teh games on Xbox are better looking graphic wise. So please dont be stupid and buy a PS2 bro, go grab an Xbox if you're going to buy a console!<span id='postcolor'>

why would you wana spend over $300 on a x-box? if its comming for PC just get it for the PC. besides games always become better on PC cuzz you can make mods, skins, new vehicles, maybe even put your own music in it

GTA3warehouse.com has some very interesting stuff about the game, like the "ghost town" that your not suppose to find and other tidbits