Sign in to follow this  
SirKnightTG

Movement lag?

So I just got ArmA II from STEAM and I noticed there something really strange about the player movement. When you press a key to make him walk forward for example, it takes at least 1.5 to 2 seconds before the player actually starts moving. WTF? What is the point of that? There's no way that makes the player control more realistic b/c it doesn't. I know in RL when I want to walk forward, I instantly start walking I don't sit there and think about it for 2 seconds before I start moving. :j:

I don't understand why BIS would make the player movement so sluggish. Realistic != sluggish. It's like the guy you play is always standing knee deep in pudding.

I've always had issue with the player control in BIS's games but this is just stupid IMO. I don't mean to sound harsh towards BIS b/c this game has a lot of potential, but really...

The lag you are experiencing is a performance issue. Lower your graphics settings, especially AA.

As a test, lower your graphic settings a lot to see a huge improvement or outright elimination of the input lag. Try to find a balance between visual quality and the lag.

Today I just noticed that bumping textures to 'very high' had almost no effect on graphic performance so try that also. good luck.

Really? Hmm, it seemed "ok" perf wise most of the time.

I'll tweak more in the settings. Maybe I'm being too quick to judge. ;) Granted I only had limited time last night when I played.