Sign in to follow this  
{S8G}Rub!c0n

sry for the n00b question.

Hello everyone. I have never played arma before.however i just bought arma2 today.It looks amazing in game.I just have a few questions that if anyone can help i would appreciate it.I thought i would be able to play online with a bunch of other people.Not computer fake dudes..."ai's" You know like bf2.Online pvp...I also like to play as a sniper.This game is perfect for that.I want to be able to get in game and choose a sniper rifle kit and play against people.Is this possible or do i have to choose a kit that is not in use. only?And is it possible to make this happen in the editor,i have no clue how to use it.? I think coop is lame,i know alot of peeps like it but i want to play against other skilled players.

Thx

hi Rub!c0n, welcome to Arma II,

for someone that didn play arma before my first suggestion is to train ,train and train some more cause you gone need it if you want to go online,

training:use the editor to train yourself with all the weapons that are ingame

so you know what weapon fits you the best(AK,M16,G36,...)same go for cars,trucks, apc's,tanks,planes,choppers,...;with that knowledge you will stay longer alive and you can strike the enemy harder back.

use off editor isn't that hard,just pick a map then double click on map,you will see a list appear with all units in game (west,east,guer,civ,animals,...)just choise 1 press ok,you will see green dot on map with red circle (Thats you)

press preview and after loading your off to run around,drive,fly,shoot,...;

Hope it gets you started and look further in Forum for more help and guides

(Its really a big help) then,

MP-online game

First go look for a server that runs PVP or Coop,CTI,DM,CTF,whatever you want,look for a server with some ppl on and press join, then when you get in the game you have to choise a unit to play with,they are predefined by missionmaker,if there is no sniper dont worry cause when you start game first thing you will come arcross is a ammo and weaponscrate.

Same like for training,look on forum for more help and tips.

well hope its some help and mayby I will see you in the field,goodluck

hi i have just started playing also can any tell me why when i play online and go to fly a chopper or a plane it says i am the incorrect rank do i need to complete the game to have every rank or all the training???? sorry about the noob question

hi i have just started playing also can any tell me why when i play online and go to fly a chopper or a plane it says i am the incorrect rank do i need to complete the game to have every rank or all the training???? sorry about the noob question

Hi bazbaz555

It is not the game, it is the particular mission. ;)

It is all down to what the mission maker decides.

At a guess you are playing an evolution type mission. Evolution has a rank system, to decide what vehicles you can use.

Some missions have a requirement for you to be of the pilot class.

Other missions have no limitations on who can use vehicles.

As I said; "It is all down to what the mission maker decides."

Have a read through the threads in the user mission maker section of the forum some of the missions have manuals.

There is a list of some of the mission types in this thread:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=75001

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker