Sign in to follow this  
jctrnacty

Tired of permanent respawn!!

I was always defending arma II on other forums.

I Finished even the manhattan mission.I had to skip other two missions with endmission cheat.

Now i´m pretty tired of respawning enemy units after cleaning the whole village.

Killed a lot of uaz´s and after few seconds "blop" and in front of me are 2 new uaz´s.

F.CK

I bought original copy of this game to supports BIS now i ´m terribly dissapointed with this game. I feel like a betatester.

It was very exciting to hear all twe time how realistic this game will be. So WTF ??? Respawning of enemies is realistic?? Another come of Jesus christ???

Frustrated i am.

Edited by jctrnacty

You didn't edit any of the files in the game did you? Sounds like it could be a FADE "symptom" to me...

No, I bought original czech copy two days ago.

But previously i had a german copy installed. Maybe this could be a reason. What shoul i do?

remove all, resintall clean version. I've never witnessed popping units

That's not an error or FADE. That mission uses the ambient combat game logic module. In that mission, you will randomly encounter enemy, friendly, and civilian units which don't necessarily have anything to do with your primary objectives. It's supposed to simulate that you're just one small team in a much larger war going on around you.

You are aren't supposed to singlehandedly clear the whole map of enemies in that mission--and you couldn't if you tried. You're just supposed to accomplish the tasks assigned to you.

If you don't like it, I wouldn't freak out over one thing in one mission. For that matter, the stock campaign doesn't even matter really. This game is really about user-made content and online play anyhow.

Edited by Xenios

Thank for reply xenios, the more frustrated i am.

Never ever thought i wil get respawns in this kind of game. I wanted a good campaign like in original OFP. This what i got with arma is total crap.

If they're popping up in places you can see (i.e. visibly spawning) then I'd say that's a bug, really. Certainly that can't be the intent.

This is the first I've read about enemies (re)spawning during the campaign missions, and if it's like you say it is then I can't imagine many people being happy about it. Might be worth verifying if this is common/normal, or if there is something weird going on with your copy.

Are there particular missions where you notice it a lot? The simpler the mission the better, as it'd be easier for others to test it. I'll test it when/if it's ever released on Sprocket.

I also see lots of people playing the campaign via the mission editor, so that might be a route worth pursuing to reduce your frustration. You might be able to remove the ambient combat module as a workaround. It'd be interesting to see how much effect it has on the mission, at any rate. Maybe only to me, though. :)

Indeed, units spawning through the ACM do not spawn when you're in sight, they spawn before, when you are at distance, as far as I've seen