Sign in to follow this  
Sloop

ArmA2 running on Windows7 64-bit with GTX-295

Hi @ll,

I just bought ArmA2 and I'm really upset because it's not working fine. My system is following:

Asus Rampage II Extreme X58, i7 920 D0-Stepping, 12GB RAM OCZ Platinum 1866MHz CL8 Series Low-Voltage Triple-Kit, Noctua NH-U12P SE1366, Gainward GTX-295, SSD Intel X-25 M, 1000GB WD Caviar Green, be quiet Dark Power Pro P7 650W AT, Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion, LG Blu-Ray-ROM LG DVD+/-RW, Aerocool FP-01 Flip-Panel, Lian Li ARMORSUIT P60 black, 24" Dell 2408WFP Dualmonitor running @1920x1200.

I am using the latest nVidia driver for Win7 64-bit which is currently 186.18 from 18th June 2009. I red a lot in various forums and it seems that are still lots of bugs out there. I have noticed in many thread, that 182.50 would work fine for the GTX, but the problem is: this version 182.50 is not available for Windows7 64-bit ! The previous version found on nVidia is 181.71.

So I have my system up-to-date running Win7 64bit with nvidia 186.18. According to many advices from various forums I renamed ArmA2.exe to Crysis.exe and using the syntax -nosplash -winxp -maxmem=2047 -cpuCount=4 and -winxp.

The first problem I encountered in ArmA2 is that textures are not rendered well. Grass looks silly, no uniforms textures, cars look terrible, quite everything looks terrible! Although I have high settings used in Arma2. I checked my arma2.cfg and I realized that my card is not recognized well. I searched the forums and there is this problem with latest nvidia driver, so only 256MB of my graphic card is allocated.

Well, I decided then to try the 181.71 although it's an old driver. I deleted arma2.cfg and the profile and start Arma2. And the textures looks now fine, but the frames are sick! And when I play Crysis on my system with this driver I get 20 Frames less than before with 186.18 and in other games, too. I don't want to use this old driver anymore so I switched back to the latest 186.18 driver. This is very sick, I have a very good system and I cannot play this game! Shame on you Bohemians!

I would like to know if anyone else has succeeded in running this game well over 30FPS with a GTX-295 on Windows7 64-bit.

Any help appreciated.

Read the other threads, its a common problem around here. No one solution works for all people even with similiar hardware/software.

This suxx! I cannot believe I paid for it :mad:

hello excuse me for my english but i m french

i have exactely the same problem with arma 2 my system is following:

-core 2 duo x6800 extreme 2.93 ghz

-asus striker 2 extreme

-graphic card :gtx 295

-4 go ddr3 12800 ocz

running windows vista 64 with last driver 186.18

and the game is not fluid at all the fps are 15 to 28 max

i dont understand at all

have an idea

i bought this config for play arma 2 and i m very furious.....

my processor it is good or i must change it?

I installed nvidia driver 182.50 now, and seems running now. But I still have texture failures somewhere in game. I am looking forward for the next patches, because the game is still full of bugs. One example: I am doint the first training mission, and then I choose to learn driving. As soon as I enter the Humvee, it automatically accelerates and turns to left although I don't press the key for accelerating or turning on my keyboard. I cannot drive! This suxx!