Sign in to follow this  
andyemmy

Issues creating MP games

This may sound like a stupid question, but Im getting frustrated. Could someone please explain how to find multiplayer co-op modes for this game? I can't for the life of me play a co-op game with my friend. The options just aren't there in the menu. Can anyone help me?

Go into the singleplayer campaign and instead of clicking continue click Host. That will create a single player campaign. Not sure why they hid it away under singleplayer :)

This may sound like a stupid question, but Im getting frustrated. Could someone please explain how to find multiplayer co-op modes for this game? I can't for the life of me play a co-op game with my friend. The options just aren't there in the menu. Can anyone help me?

Hi andyemmy

I am a little confused as to what you mean so help me out then I and perhaps others can help you out. I will do it as a set of questions so you can just copy them then paste in your answers.

Q 1) Is your problem that you cannot play any MP games?

A) Y/N

Q 2) Is your problem that you cannot see any coop games in the multiplayer browser?

A) Y/N

Q 3) Is your problem that you want to host a multiplayer game for others to play?

A) Y/N

Q 4) Is your problem that you want to play the Coop missions you have already played on other peoples servers and want to host them your self?

A) Y/N

Q 5) Is your problem that you want to go to a site where you can download multiplayer missions?

A) Y/N

If you could answer those and maybe expand on your post then people can either direct you to the correct section of the forum or point you to an external site or answer your question in more detail.

Kind Regards walker

Hi andyemmy

I am a little confused as to what you mean so help me out then I and perhaps others can help you out. I will do it as a set of questions so you can just copy them then paste in your answers.

Q 3) Is your problem that you want to host a multiplayer game for others to play?

A) Y

If you could answer those and maybe expand on your post then people can either direct you to the correct section of the forum or point you to an external site or answer your question in more detail.

Kind Regards walker

I want to be able to host multiplayer scenario's for myself and my friend on a LAN. Don't wanna have to join other peoples games and dont want others to join mine. I want to host assassination missions and things like that, just for me and my friend on my LAN.

Hi andyemmy

In the start screen of ArmA, select Multiplayer, then select, New button in bottom right corner of the MP dialogue. Decide whether it is LAN or Internet. Name your server so your friend can find it. Your Friend can then filter for the name to help find it. Then just choose the mission you wan to play. Which by the sounds of it is one you have made your self in the editor and saved as an MP game.

Kind Regards walker

Hi guys,

How do you create the co-op missions on a dedicated server?

Is this something in the config file, for example, or do i just upload the single player maps to the server?

Hi Goopeh

Find the coop games you want, either by:

1) Downloading them from a location on the web check the user missions section of this forum for links.

2) Copying the missions you have played, these will be in your:

C:\Documents and Settings\...windows user name...\Local Settings\Application Data\ArmA 2\MPMissionsCache

If you are using XP not sure in Vista or Windows 7 but some one else can tell you that.

3) Make them your self in the editor:

a) The editable forms are saved in your user profile

C:\Documents and Settings\...windows user name...\My Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\...ArmA user name...\missions

b) The final form when you export them to MP for use on servers are saved in your

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\MPMissions

Folder

Which is also where you client server runs them from.

To use them on a dedicated server place them in the MP folder for the server.

Kind Regards walker

Thanks a lot Walker, I'll give this a whirl, and get back to you with feedback.