Sign in to follow this  
Snitter

got a problem #6 :-o

my Problem: (number6 in the tech faq) Whenever the game is run, the CD briefly starts and then stops. Sometimes the Operation Flashpoint logo is displayed briefly. The game does not load, the PC just goes back to the Windows Desktop.

the suggested solutions for this:

Solution:

If you are running any Virtual CD device software (or other CD-ROM tools) - such as Daemon Tools - you should uninstall them.

If your PC is mapped to any network CD-ROM drives you should unmap them.

If you have more than one CD-Drive, make sure that the game is installed from and the disk is present in the first logical drive - e.g. If you have a CD-ROM as your F: drive and a DVD-ROM as your G: drive your should install and run the game from your F: (CD-ROM) drive.

If you have a SCSI drive and an IDE drive, make sure the IDE drive is the first logical drive (this can be altered from Windows - Control Panel - System). Now install the game and run it from the IDE drive.

but I don't got daemons, the cd-rom is not mapped to a network, I only got one cd-rom device (f: ), and I don't got scsi.

any bright minds out there who could give me a helping hand?

(Edited by Snitter at 9:48 pm on Dec. 3, 2001)

(Edited by Snitter at 9:48 pm on Dec. 3, 2001)

Did this start happening or has it always worked that way for you? If it has always worked that way, then it may be that the CD rom is not compatible with the copy protection scheme. I had a CD writer that always failed when games had the SafeDisk CD protection scheme. I eventually bought a second CD Rom to play games on.

Hope that helped.

Jester OC