Sign in to follow this  
Feuer

AI in Warfare

I noticed this, at a certain point the AI commanders of both sides will just stop doing anything, it feels like they were overstrained by their task.

This wasn't a big deal for my side, as I could just jump in as a commander, but my enemy didn't do anything therefore (not moving his units or buying new units)

This happend even after i restarted the the game several times

I seem to remember this was happening in the ArmA WACO Warfare version as well. Doomguy eventually fixed it. I can't remember the exact fix, but it had something to do with respawns and when the squad leader for the AI team had been KIA and then unit array(s) being out of sync causing AI teams to not be able to issue orders to themselves any longer. I think that was it maybe... anyway...

L8r,

eem

I seem to remember this was happening in the ArmA WACO Warfare version as well. Doomguy eventually fixed it. I can't remember the exact fix, but it had something to do with respawns and when the squad leader for the AI team had been KIA and then unit array(s) being out of sync causing AI teams to not be able to issue orders to themselves any longer. I think that was it maybe... anyway...

L8r,

eem

This is very likely a different problem :/, the commander just stops doing anything, it's not just about one squad that lost their leader not moving, the whole army stops moving and there are no new units beeing build either

Hi Ya... :)

I might have described the original error incorrectly, but the symptoms you describe were definitely the same on the WACO version until about 1.1.8 or so...

I played default ArmA II Warfare last night for about an hour with none of the symptoms reported. I am going to play another one here in a bit....How long did you play before it happened? I voted myself and the AI as commander a few times so it switched back and forth. One thing that is happening to me though is that the "T" command for bringing up the Warfare interface doesn't seem to be working properly. The command screen appears briefly, then immediately disappears.

L8r,

eem

Hi Ya... :)

I might have described the original error incorrectly, but the symptoms you describe were definitely the same on the WACO version until about 1.1.8 or so...

I played default ArmA II Warfare last night for about an hour with none of the symptoms reported. I am going to play another one here in a bit....How long did you play before it happened? I voted myself and the AI as commander a few times so it switched back and forth. One thing that is happening to me though is that the "T" command for bringing up the Warfare interface doesn't seem to be working properly. The command screen appears briefly, then immediately disappears.

L8r,

eem

it must have happend somewhere between 1 and 2 hours, in addition to that other weird things happen, like the building menu taking ages to open, or the quick travel option really slow

ok I checked it out now, problem exists in every version of the game