Sign in to follow this  
Pvtpile1981

Crashing when saving.

Ive done a quick search and can't see any other threads about this, basically every 3/4 times I save the game on the main campaign my game freezes and I can't shut it down so I have to restart my PC has anyone got an ideas on how to fix this?

Thanx Pile.

Anyone got any help im desperate here, the game is awesome but this is ruining it for me :(.

I'll be putting this in a couple of posts....

I too have had problems in the Manhattan mission after trying different methods/ways of accomplishing the objectives but to no avail. I was sick of the constant CTD's when saving and finally gave up after I had originally completed all objectives. The only thing that saved me from losing my hair...

The old OFP trick...Hold down left Shift and press Numpad - (minus)....then type in endmission.

Also have you tried....Ctrl+Alt+Delete to bring up the Task Manager?

I also have this problem now...

I'm in the mission "razor two" and i can't continue! Everytime i load the saved game, it runs 20 seconds fine and then ArmA2 freezes!

There's no errormessage in the background! If i Ctrl+Alt+Delete i can see that arma2 is still running with ~50% cpu usage and 800MB RAM of 8192MB are in use by arma2.exe

Tabbing back to it doesnt work, i have to terminate the prozess.

Had same problem 2 to 3 times when playing with friend. She blamed my new computer lol but had a filling was arma 2 related. Had to tab out and use task manager to terminate the process. Also when i hosted server on lan to play non campaign maps i went to exit map we was playing to load another and crashed to desktop