Sign in to follow this  
*zeewolf*

Looking for.../please repost

Hi, I've been looking all over for the final version of Coin 2 and/or CCE (Coin Coop Engine). The link for Coin 2 (v1.12 beta) in This Thread doesn't seem to be working, nor does the link for CCE v0.41 public beta.

Could someone repost these please? The only version of either I've been able to find is CCE v0.1 beta at Filefront. Perhaps someone could re-up the release versions on filefront, ofpgamepark or another reliable OFP related site?

Also could anyone point me to where I can get hold of a release of Battlefield1985? The only version I've found has been messed about with and doesn't work very well. I've fixed most of it, but I'd like to make some versions that support the full range of BF2 conquest game types (not just "conquest head-on"), so I'd like to start afresh if possible.

I've seen CoIn 2 up and running on the CiA server, recently.

I think that you can get it from your MPMissions cache if you manage to get in on a game w/ the CiA guys, if they run it (I'm sure you could ask). If someone else can clarify this procedure, please do - I've only read about it in other posts. . .

It just seems a real shame to me that quality missions like Coin 2, CCE and Battlefield1985 are so difficult to get now.

They really need to be uploaded to places like ofpgamepark, which does an excellent job of maintaining a comprehensive selection of addons making them available to posterity.

Let me give another example:

The version of CCE I have is an early beta, you can clearly see evidence in the scripts that Sinews Of War saving was going to be incorporated at a later date, unfortunately not all of the SOW functions have been included in this version. The Sinews of war site apparently no longer exists and the only mission I've found that seems to include a full set of SOW functions is kutya's GDCE. Although GDCE is extremely well written, the fact remains that it is designed as a single-player dynamic campaign and cannot be used as the basis for a multiplayer mission.

At the moment when I want to make a mission I'm having to pull apart or rewrite other people's missions to get at scripts, functions and "engines", that I know people on this very forum put a huge amount of work into, then released together with documentation and demo missions for other editors to use.

If these amazing examples of Flashpoint scripting aren't kept available on stable public sources, isn't there the real danger that the work that went into these scripts/functions may be wasted, simply because no one can find them?

Quote[/b] ]The version of CCE I have is an early beta, you can clearly see evidence in the scripts that Sinews Of War saving was going to be incorporated at a later date.
Unfortunately we at SoW couldn't imagine ArmA not eventually giving us even better options for saving in multiplayer than OFP ever had and abandoned OFP for ArmA. But saving in multiplayer never came to be in ArmA and we grew tired of waiting for the game to be 'fixed'. Eventually we just gave up on editing entirely since ArmA never really matured to be of much editing use to our corner of the community, unfortunately confused_o.gif I think that is also part of the reason why this sort of mission is much rarer for ArmA than it was for OFP, the editors simply weren't given the right tools to make them and any progress made seemed to be more about flashy addons and effects  sad_o.gif

Nice to get a reply from one of the authors of the work I'm referrencing, but I'm confused, the BIS wiki article on Sinews of War, seems to suggest that there was at least one working release made for OFP (SOW 1.0). Is this the case?

If so, it should definately be placed on a public OFP source like OFP.info (now existing as ofp.gamepark.cz) or operationflashpoint.filefront.com, along with the final releases (even if they are labelled "beta") of other seminal pieces of scripting like DAC, COIN and Battlefield1985.

I stumbled on this by accident, don't really keep up on OFP and havent done so for a couple of years.

Both SoW 1 and 2 were for OFP smile_o.gif SoW 1 worked, but had a lot of problems, one being very slow loading and saving times. 2.0 was a big improvement but still was incompatible with "super AI" IIRC. SoW 2.1 is the oldest version anyone should be using and I believe we had at least a 2.2 release at some point but it is so long ago I can't be sure. Anyway, anything from 2.1 and up is far better and solved many problems and is both faster, safer and more maintainable.

I've looked through my old backups of OFP stuff but I can't find any version of CCE, unfortunately I think I binned some OFP CDROMs not so long ago and the latest CCE and SoW releases may have been in there...Too bad the SoW site is down, all references point to it huh.gif

Mmmm ok, well Tacrod has been good enough to reup CCE and Coin2 as a pack to this link which seems to be working for now. Hopefully I'll be able to get these uploaded to Filefront or OFP.info soon. His CCE2 project is also active on this thread.

I've also made a resistance version of CCE called PDCE (Partisan Dynamic Coop Engine) that I've uploaded it to filefront, this contains some interesting new features which some may find interesting, see the filefront page for more details.

I'm working on getting some Battlefield1985 maps working, but the missions I'm working from are completely undocumented and not very easy to mod. That said I have made some progress making varients that support other conquest game types. However, It looks like I'm going to have to write the documentation for this one from scratch!

So that just leaves Sinews Of War. Given the amount of work that the SOW team put into this and its sheer usefulness for advanced multiplayer mission editors, it would be a tragedy if all of their releases were lost. If anyone has releases of this can they please upload them?!

It should help yes, also the SOW site seems to be working again, so I'll try and get it from there as well.

In the mean time I've finished my work on Battlefield1985. I've added a ticket based scoring system, added two more game modes (so it now supports conquest:double assault, conquest:assault and conquest:head-on), improved the vehicle respawning scripts and written some documentation in the form of a mission editors guide. Hopefully this will be enough for people to make their own missions from should they want to. I've released three example missions (one for each mission type) together with the documentation to Filefront as the Battlefield1985 conquest pack.

So definate progress towards having some well documented mission "kits" for other editors to work on.