Sign in to follow this  
David Hasselhoff

How to keep the other team out of your spawn?

Okay, first off, I know the answer to this is probly somewhere on the forums already but I couldn't find it so flame me for repeating a post if you must.

Now then,  I know I'm not the only one that frowns upon spawn campers and base rapers.  So how exactly do you set up those "barriers" that kill players from the opposing team when they get to close to your spawn point?

Another lil question...

I've made a few mp ctf maps before, and they were liked fairly well on gamespy when I hosted them.  But does anyone know of a decent site to put them on for people to download.  Or would it be better to just upload them to my angelfire.com page and put that link here.  

Thank you in advance for any help.

I haven't tried this one out but could the "kill barrier" be created with a trigger with size of respawn area:

West/East present, repeatedly

Condition: this

On activation: "_x setDammage 1" forEach list killBarrierTrigger

Hopefully that works!

I prefer a different approach,

Seperate your respawn from your flag and at your spawn put in a AI vulcan or two and a tank or two smile.gif

just make sure the vulcan is out of range/sight of helo's flying around your flag, same goes for the tanks.

Both those ideas would work okay I think. But I'd still like to know how exactly you set a 'kill zone' that kills a player for trying to enter the other teams spawn area. I've seen it done on maps before. But thanks for the suggestions guys.

We use what our head mission editor calls a "Safety Zone" of a certain radius. If a player eneters into their enemies' spawn, a global message warns them that if they do not leave in 10 their whole team will pay the price.

It works and prevents spawn camping.

If you are interessted in helping edit missoins for our league or finding out how to make these Safe Zones, e-mail Enigmus at Enigmus@stronger.org or visit our site. http://ofp.stronger.org

-Eimerkopf