Sign in to follow this  
oktane

kicking off 'ghost' players

Been up all night trying to get this to work.. every bit seems to work ok in an #exec command, but when I put it in the server cfg, it doesn't work. I test by using 2 instances of arma, join server then taskkill that client and join with the other instance. This would kick off ghost players if it worked.. sad_o.gif Tried with kickduplicate 1 and 0, no difference. Even tried in onPlayerConnected. No errors in RPT. (there were when I had syntax errors however) To be clear, I am trying to kick the original user that hasn't timed out yet, not the new client reconnecting.. the new client will get kicked regardless. (either by kickduplicate or key checks) I want to kick the old ghost off so the person can reconnect successfully.

Its supposed to work like this:

First foreach gets dupe player name

for loops get length and converts string to array

Second foreach compares dupe player name minus " (2)" that Arma appends and kicks all players with that base name.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

doubleIdDetected = "_a = -1;{if((_this select 0)==(_x select 0)) then {_a=_x select 1;};} foreach users;_arr=toArray(_a);_out = [];for ""_i"" from 0 to (count _arr)-1 do {_out=_out+[toString([_arr select _i])];};_len=count (_out);_i=0;_end="""";for ""_i"" from 0 to _len - 5 do {_end=_end + (_out select _i);};{if((_x select 1)==_end) then {kick (_x select 0);};} foreach users;";

Here is a normal version for VM with linebreaks:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_a = -1;

{

if((_this select 0)==(_x select 0)) then {

_a=_x select 1;

};

} foreach users;

_arr=toArray(_a);_out = [];for "_i" from 0 to (count _arr)-1 do {_out=_out+[toString([_arr select _i])];};_len=count (_out);

_i=0;_end="";_ret = "";

for "_i" from 0 to _len - 5 do {_end=_end + (_out select _i);};

{

if((_x select 1)==_end) then {

kick _x select 0;

};

} foreach users;

Here is a version that could run in game as an example (outside of server VM):

users = [[3, "larry"],[5,"moe"],[4,"moe (2)"]];

command = {

_a = -1;

{

if((_this select 0)==(_x select 0)) then {

_a=_x select 1;

};

player sidechat format ["%1", _a];

} foreach users;

_arr=toArray(_a);_out = [];for "_i" from 0 to (count _arr)-1 do {_out=_out+[toString([_arr select _i])];};_len=count (_out);

player sidechat format ["len %1", _len];

_i=0;_end="";_ret = "";

for "_i" from 0 to _len - 5 do {_end=_end + (_out select _i);};

{

if((_x select 1)==_end) then {

_ret = _x select 0;

};

player sidechat format ["'%1' '%2' '%3'", _x select 1, _x select 0, _end];

} foreach users;

_ret

};

_eh = [4] call command;

player globalchat format ["player to be kicked: %1", _eh];

here are is the way I broke it up to make sure every command was supported by the VM. Since I couldn't execute it all at once, I had to simulate the variables being set. The players name is 'a' and his dupe would be 'a (2)' or similar. (4 extra chars)

OK (get name): #exec _a=-1;{if(8==(_x select 0)) then {_a=_x select 1;};} foreach users;_a

OK (str2arr): #exec _arr=toArray("a (2)");_out=[];for "_i" from 0 to (count _arr)-1 do {_out=_out+[toString([_arr select _i])];};_len=count(_out);_out;

OK (same as above but returns len): #exec _arr=toArray("a (2)");_out=[];for "_i" from 0 to (count _arr)-1 do {_out=_out+[toString([_arr select _i])];};_len=count(_out);_len;

OK (example trim off " (2)"): #exec _len=5;_out=["a"," ","(","2",")"];_i=0;_end="";for "_i" from 0 to _len - 5 do {_end=_end + (_out select _i);};_end;

OK (replace 'a' with a valid player name on the server): #exec _r="";{if((_x select 1)=="a") then {_r = _x select 0};} foreach users;_r;

Sorry the code is so compacted, there is limited paste buffer for the chatline when running exec commands. Here is a pastie url: http://www.pastie.org/349619

Anyone have any ideas? I think this would be pretty useful for a dedicated server to have.

--

String function bits by Kronzky