Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf001

Multi platoon command scripts

I been working with a multi platoon command script. It works quite well, however you have to be a sole unit not attached to another unit.

Example,

I'm unit P

there are 3 other units platoon alpha, platoon bravo, and platoon Charlie.

when I key them Via radio I become the commander of that unit. as #1.

However I find problems with when I try to command from a Tank, APC, or Helo. when I key my Armored units after keying the Infantry units I find that I can not reliably command my own armored unit.

I'm trying to set up a way to command a 3 element unit 3 M2A2's and I want to be able to command 3 separate Infantry units to board the IFV's.

From there I want to move to a designated positions on the map following certin waypoints, but I want to be able to unload the infantry and reload them when I want to.

can anyone help me?

thank you in advance.

--

Harley W. Daugherty

"do not judge a man till he has been fought, Do not judge a meal till its been ate, Do not judge a sword till its been bloodied and do not judge a woman till she has been bedded."

Viking proverb

Would you please elaborate a bit on what you mean by "can not reliably command my own armored unit." What do the other tanks not do?

I think what's going on, all thought I've yet to see the script(s) is that when you're switching back and forth between units, not all are "unJoining" you. If you recall, the limit is 12 units/soldiers per group, so you may be exceeding that in your attaching/detaching via radio, or somewhere in your scripts your not attaching all the units to you (which would account for your tank units not following your orders--if they aint attached to you, you cannot command them to move "Forward", "Halt", "Target....", etc.

Would you attach your script to your next reply; I'd like to take a gander at it.

In the meanwhile, have you looked at "Spinor's" Command Engine. There's an incredible amount of scripting in there (genius!!!!wink.gif that may offer solutions to your problem.

Here's the URL: http://www.ofpeditingcenter.com/coding/misc.shtml.

Scroll down a bit to find his Command Engine.