Sign in to follow this  
Chopper415

Ai in choppers

A little help here plz - I've found the best way to get through chopper missions is to be the gunner and get the AI to pilot the thing around the target zone (frankly because I'm not a particularly superior pilot). However there are times when you need to land, and I can't find a way to get to the ground that doesn't involve parachutes and vertigo sad.gif Any way to tell the AI pilot to land that I've missed?

Ah - I just assumed that telling him to disembark would merely prompt the silly sod into leaping out of the pilots seat at 500ft, which would be in keeping with the average level of AI vehicle control...

Try to look up command menu..i can't think of which right now, but should be 6-something..

If it's not there, then my suggestion is that you practice heli flying. That's easy. goto mission editor, get yourself, and an empty chopper, start flying.

learning to manuever vehicles are important in OFP

Sure. I usually do very well in land based vehicles and even the A10's you get to burn around in before you eject into Guba's hands, but helicopters just gave me problems with lining up firing runs and landing accurately (ie. within 50-odd yards of the target). Back to practice missions then sad.gif

Flying a chopper is fun anyway. It will come with practice. It did not take me long to get the hang of it and not long at all to land it on desert island (more space) now I am better at landing in smaller areas. Now all I have to do is try landing the SU25.