Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

AI rate of fire?

Ok ive been messing about with the AI settings for some things like weapons etc but one problem i have found is that the AI when using a 50cal or m240 mostly anything with class MGun that they fire in full automatic when your upclose to them but when your say 20meters their rate of fire drops and is slower. Has anyone else noticed this or is this just a problem on my end. Ive tried editing the aiRateOfFire & aiRateOfFireDistance with differnt settings to no effect. If your still wondering what im on about do this in the editor make a group of badguys set them as careless and then place a M2 50 with a AI, now place yourself close to the M2 and in my case he fires fully automatic at the correct rate of fire as what you would fire it at but then if you move away from the M2 after a certern distance the fire rate will increase from what it is defined in the weapons.cfg

But yeh anyway to fix it its annoying as hell as i wanna see a vulcan spew up massives of amount of tracers.

Ok EDIT i fixed it yay

Basicly what ive done is added in the weapon.cfg differnt modes of burst, using one of the PK or M240 from the infantry weapons and adding that in the with the correct sounds etc and editing the dispersions and all that. The AI seems to fire more realistic now and im gonna add it to other weapons is well. biggrin_o.gif

Edited again ok after some testing its still bit dodge at about 200m+ the old fire rate kicks in and the AI fires slower. ffs banghead.gif