Sign in to follow this  
ck-claw

Warfare 1.1.x [ Ofp-World-ck]-32

Warfare 1.1.x [ Ofp-World-ck]-32

Hi, just something ive been messing about with for our clan! smile_o.gif

we've had great fun going back down 'memory lane' playing Warfare on the good old Ofp Islands.

Just thought i'd release it! (no doubt its far from perfect)!  biggrin_o.gif

It's basically Matt Rochelle's N+S 32 (all credits to Matt-Thank You)  notworthy.gif

Your base will spawn on either Everon,Nogova or Malden?

Same as for the enemy too,so Bluefor and Opfor can spawn their base on separate islands or you could end up on the same???

Addons Needed:-

A.C.E CWC Island Pack

Is a large file but hopefully worth it!

As you may know the ACE Ofp Islands has a config that you can edit the textures for each island(check read-me)

Eg - you could play with all the islands with a winter texture!  

Mission File can be got from Here V1.1.1

Mission is hosted on our servers,just filter '19th'   smile_o.gif

Armaholic Mirror

V1.1.2 With Kolgujev Here

• Like 1

Few questions:

1. Matt's N+S version depended on supply trucks. Have you checked to see if the supply trucks travel between the correct towns?

2. Does fast travel work between all of the capture points? Between major islands?

How does a full game hold up with a decent amount of people? I would say 60% of all 32 player maps from the N+S's all end up in crashing the server. However a map like this is much larger than Sahrani, how does it hold up?

All those aside, looks good!

some issues we found...

fasttr10.jpg

fast travel bug

linpan10.jpg

Town of Lipany spelling error

runway10.jpg

Jet spawns facing short end of runway

I suggest including fastravel between islands, as Nogova and Everon are 32,000 meters apart and it takes a good 5-10 minutes to get there by chopper.

I was wondering how supply trucks work when towns are captured on a different island than your MHQ is based. It would take waaay too long to move the MHQ to another island. We merely played until one full island was captured, then it took soo long to travel to the next island we ran out of time to play.

@ Victor

1. The supply trucks work fine on the island where you base is.(way beyond my capabillites to get em to run automatically  once you,ve hopped islands)

Although you can buy supply trucks and manually send then to towns.  smile_o.gif

2. Hmm seems there is an error as Ziggy pointed out

Seems to hold up pretty well,no crashes as of yet,but saying that most ppl had on is 8-ish,we have the server set to 'persistant=1' so have played it one evening,hopped back on the next evening and everything was still running and progressing. smile_o.gif

@Ziggy

Damn i had that Lipany spelling error on all items! Thought i'd corrected em all! lol Copy & Paste

I will take a look at fast travel bug and the aircraft hanger

couple of questions....

on "Nogova" island we saw marked on the map "gold mine", yet could find nothing there...

on "Everon" island we found "HALO JUMP" marked on the map...sounds great!

what's up with those 2 and how to use them?

Not sure about the 'Gold Mine' tbh just think you get more supplies than the other towns?

As for the 'Halo Jump' walk up to the flag and you can Halo jump anywhere. smile_o.gif

I will be adding one to each island!

****Updated Version****

V1.1.1

See first post

Added 'Halo Jump' to all 3 Islands

Fixed Lipany name error

Can now 'Fast travel' to other islands

Moved small Island Aircraft hanger

Tweaked a few base placings

Upped the fast travel speed(probably wants upping more tbh)?

I've bound to of messed something up?

Lager ftw  smile_o.gif

awesome!

thanks notworthy.gif

worth noting:

Transferring the MHQ to another island was a single FASTRAVEL away, once we secured a town. We had to destroy the previous factories in order to have the Commander teams spawn on the new island. We had to destroy the supply trucks to get them to do the same.

Hehe - you know? it never even crossed my mind to 'Fast Travel' the MHQ to another Island.   biggrin_o.gif

excellent work...we have enjoyed playing this variation of warfare. The HALO drop is very useful. Every thing seems to work well and like Ziggy said, once we secured a town on a new island, domination was 1 fast move of the MHQ away. We had to do some thinking on how to get the supply trucks to work and the ai squads to come along with us, but that was part of the fun...figuring out the logistics!

We have been lucky that the east and west haven't been on the same island at the start, if that happens, then it will be fun too.

1 request....how about some capture-able places on "Kolgujev" island? I know the cities are in ruins there but still...

Thanks for the great mission!

Glad you like it  smile_o.gif

I did originally have capture places on Kolgujev but since there are no town names i couldn't think of a way of naming the camps etc?

For when it pops up with x? 'Town under attack'  confused_o.gif

Glad you like it  smile_o.gif

I did originally have capture places on Kolgujev but since there are no town names i couldn't think of a way of naming the camps etc?

For when it pops up with x? 'Town under attack'  confused_o.gif

That makes sense. Maybe tonight Ziggy and I can "invent" some camp names for you if you like...plus, I seem to remember some mods for OFP that had "rebuilt Kolgujev" but I seem to remember they just replaced the ruins but didn't name anything.

Let me know if we can be of any help and thanks again for this great mission.

Maybe tonight Ziggy and I can "invent" some camp names for you if you like

Perhaps naming by co-ordinates, or maybe even strategic location? ie: "mountain position". Also - I haven't had the chance to try this version of warfare, how's the AI handle going between islands?

Maybe tonight Ziggy and I can "invent" some camp names for you if you like

Perhaps naming by co-ordinates, or maybe even strategic location? ie: "mountain position". Also - I haven't had the chance to try this version of warfare, how's the AI handle going between islands?

the AI DON'T handle going between islands. What we had to do was HALO or fly to a new island, capture a town as pure infantry, the fast travel back to the MHQ/pack it up/get inside and fast travel to the new island, all the while someone else fast travels back to the original "base", destroys the factories there, (which will eventually make the ai turn against you and kill you!wink_o.gif, then destroy all the supply trucks and salvage trucks. By this time the commander should have unpacked the mhq at the new island and built new factories. Then the commander has to command all the AI squads to "respawn". This will bring them to the new island where they will set out to cap the new cities on that island. If the enemy commander is AI, they will never leave the island they start on.

It would be great if the commander could build a "supply depot" when the mhq is moved, so that the supply trucks can keep working the towns on the 1st island, while a new fleet of supply trucks can start working the towns on the new island using the mhq. We had a lot of fun figuring out the logistics, but it IS a little inconvenient.

****Another Update****

V1.1.2 With Kolgujev

See first post!

Added capturable Camps/Towns/Halo drop to Kolgujev Island.

With improvised Town Names  wink_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Releasing as a 2nd map due to it not getting the same amount of thorough testing the last update did yesterday!  confused_o.gif

we are having an issue with fast travel. We can FT from the mhq to any valid FT location, but from those valid locations, we can only travel BACK to the mhq and no where else. There is an error message but I keep forgetting to get a screenshot, something about 3 arguments expected (?).

We are having a good time, but a tough time, trying to take Kolgujev, where the enemy hq is, it's so small that they can re-take anything we take in short order! We have a new plan we will implement tonight and let you know.....been having a lot of fun with this!

kolguj10.jpg

Kolgujev Blufor MHQ base

gcs01610.jpg

Assaulting the enemy main base on Kolgujev

gcs01611.jpg

same screenshot zoomed in with terrain displayed

gcs01612.jpg

final statistics of victory

inlove.gif this mission was for played three days!

@ Zombie

Yeah we get that error too?

I have no idea what it means crazy_o.gif

But i dont think its too much of a problem,almost all instances that we wanted to FT back to our original island was back to the MHQ anyways smile_o.gif

@ Ziggy

Looks like you had fun there. xmas_o.gif

Here is a solution to two problems we are having with this version of warfare.  

To fix the error at the top of the screen on mission start:

\common\config\config_structures.sqs line 215:

was

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_t = _t= r= + [0]

change to  

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_t = _t + [0]

Here is the solution to the fast travel bug:

From the Warfare editing guide:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Town depots (yellow object icons) – These buildings are located near the center of each town, acting as the capture point that determines who controls the town.

Name: Same name as the town in which the depot is located

Executes script: [this,"<town name>",[<bordering town 1>,<bordering town 2>, ... ],["<Resistance defense team 1>","<Resistance defense team 2>", ...],<optional town size value>] Exec "Server\Config\Config_Town.sqs"  

The town depot names were changed, but not the BORDERING town names...they still have saralite names.  After I changed a couple, the "bug" went away from the town depots I changed.

Hey Zombie,many thanks.

The bordering towns part was next for me to get around to changing as i thought it probably needed to be changed for some reason or another.

Thanks again! xmas_o.gif

no problem! We have been having a lot of fun with version. Currently I am adding some more depots and camps, especially to northern Nogova and southern Everon.

I also found the names of some of the starting locations gamelogics were copies...15_1 for example, so I have gone around and resequenced all of them. It also seems that east always starts on Kolgujev! Have you noticed this? I am trying to find out why, or it could be that we just haven't seen east start anywhere else.

I don't plan on releasing my edit to the public, but I will send it to you, so you can release it as an update or whatever. Thanks again for this great mission!

I'm in the process now of editing it smile_o.gif

Just having the time crazy_o.gif

As im also working on a UK-Forces Version for our clan smile_o.gif