Sign in to follow this  
chris330

Scope to improve the AI

Hi, dead quick this one I'm in a rush,

Is there much chance of improving the AI through scripting in this one? In OFP after loads of tedious research I reckoned that the only way to get total control of a unit was by making very small movement anims (breaking up a walk animation into several small chunks)and using the setdir and playmove command. Tedious indeed which is why I never bothered & gave up on the idea of AI enhancement in OFP.

Quick question to the ArmA players though, how much fine control can you get over a unit in ArmA? If you disbaleAI and use domove will it still invoke the ultra dodgy AI route planning software?

Would it be possible to use setvector and play an animation on a custom object fashioned to look like a soldier in a completely user scripted environment?

I haven't bought the game yet (I have NO money at all!wink_o.gif so could do with some input thanks!

To be honest your methods of changing the AI seem a bit overcomplicated? crazy_o.gif

From a patched perspective which is intended to be short-term functional yes, but not from the perspective of a complete re-write for a personal hobby.

Flea made an FSM (AI intelligence+scripting tool) editor a while back.

Do a search on that you might be surprised what _could_ be done if someone like yourself has the drive to do such work.

Not much use to you tho if you haven't got the game to experiment with..?