Sign in to follow this  
_FoE_Peacemaker

How do i create a list?

HI,

Ive got a slow computer yet i like to biuld large bases and things like that. The problem is that i lag (only got 677mhz). What i want to do so i can have units and vehicals on my base is place a biulding and put a script or int line on it. Then using a command menu (like radio or goterfunks contrl interface) create the unit i want or need. Could someone show me how to do this? Id need one for creating vehicals (tanks cars and air) and Infantry. PLZ help

I'm actually working on similar stuff on my map so I'll tell you what I know.

Create an object...like a building or whatever. Then in the objects initilization field put this

this addaction ["Buy a Tank","makevehicle.sqs"]

The "Buy a Tank" part could be whatever you want it to say, that is what will appear in the persons list of actions to do when they get close to the object.

The "makevehicle.sqs" is the script file (located in your users/yourname/themissionyouaremaking folder) that you make

after making that object place an .sqs file (by creating a new notepad and saving as filename.sqs) in your map directory

In this case I would make a makevehicle.sqs file. Then in the text of that file I wrote the following:

Assmunch = "M113" createVehicle [4373.61,7774.45]

exit

Assmunch can be whatever word you want to use...it doesn't matter as long as your just creating an empty vehicle.

I'm not sure of what the complete vehicle list is or where to find one, but "M113" creates an "M113" respectively. But like I know "T55" will just crash the game...so if someone knows of a <b>complete<b> list let me know.

Then come the coordinates of where to place it. This depends on the map your at ect. You could just make the coordinates by the location of your building ect.

So hope this helps, let me know if you have problems.

By the way, with scripts like these, I wonder who's gonna be the first to make the Operation Flashpoint Realtime Strategy?

The vehicle list "CfgVehicles" can be found in BIS comref guide. You need an IE 6.0 to view the complete reference guide. I'm not sure what all "+" and "-" signs preseding the vehicle names mean, maybe class visibility (+ public, - private)?

How do i find the coordinates for it? And could it be possible to use a list of tanks like that from gotterfunks Dune Mod Demo?

Getting the coordinates can be done with "getPos" -method

MyNewVehicle = "T55G" createVehicle (getPos MyTankFactory)

or with marker placed in your desired place:

MyNewVehicle = "T55G" createVehicle getMarkerPos "tankFactory"