Sign in to follow this  
belgerot

Setting Custom Faces

How would I go about setting custom faces not on myself, but on another unit in game for example?

I remember in OFP there was a line you'd place in the INIT field in the mission editor; 'this setfacetexture "..' but I cannot seem to figure out how to do so in ArmA.

Any help is appreciated of course!

Sorry for the double post but once more I've been having a problem with setting a custom face in game, on either myself or other players. I just reinstalled the game a few weeks ago and decided to customize the profile a little.

I recall that you have to put a file 'face.jpg' in my username folder for Arma/Arma Other Profiles in My Documents, but even when I do so, nothing shows up when I go to edit my profile in game.

As for setting custom faces on other units in game, would it be possible by putting the facexx.jpg file in a folder (within armed assault folder) and linking to it by the "this setface ****" command?

Again, I appreciate any help smile_o.gif

Not sure where your going wrong with own custom face?

All you describe soons right.

Mine custom face is listed 2nd,when i click to edit profile in game.

I'm only having this problem after having re-installed ArmA and updated to 1.14v several months ago.

I suppose I will re-install it yet again, create profiles under the original version and then update and see what the outcome is. Thanks!

Perhaps the custom face is not of the right size? Check its dimensions.

It should be a size of n^2 or [32x32, 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512] etc.

After checking through the armedassault.info forums, I found my solution. It isn't a .jpg file you use anymore as before in OFP, it's a .paa you have to use. I saved mine as face.paa using TexView2 and it worked like a charm.

Thanks for your suggestions!