Sign in to follow this  
TwIce

I just killed my campaign

I got three reprimands from the Col. (usuually with no justification, IMO, as I had followed mission orders to the letter) so on the 4th one (after succesfully completing the SCOUTING mission) I edited the "Penalties" text in the User/***/temp file as suggested in the AvonLady's brilliant FAQ.

However...

Not only did this not appear to adjust the number of penalties I have incurred but it also made the game behave in strange ways, i.e. when replaying the SCOUTING mission, my #2 always gets killed for no apparent reason.

I can revert to the saved file but I just don't have time to restart the campaign having been kicked out of the army. Any suggestions? Could it matter that the file I altered now shows as a MS Word file in the OFP directory?

If you was kicked from US Army you can go back in Campaign and revert it (for example 3 missions back) and continue to play as good as you can.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quote: from medvidek on 12:32 pm on Dec. 6, 2001

If you was kicked from US Army you can go back in Campaign and revert it (for example 3 missions back) and continue to play as good as you can.<span id='postcolor'>

I know, and I HATE to cheat but I'd have to go very far back to replay the missions in which I got my first two reprimands and the SCOUTING mission simply pisses me off because I get reprimanded for accomplishing the goals to the letter.

Were it not for theavonlady's valuable work, this reprimand business would have been a total game-killer for me. It can only work when the scoring sytem makes some sense and right now it doesn't.

what really pissed me of was during one of the first tank missions where we had to attack the, considering the next black op mission, "untakeable beachhead" . I returned to the ville AS ORDERED with my ass totally redhot burning, and all that freaky colonel had to say afterwards was: 'so much for uncle sam's finest!'

Where did I hear the line: 'don't think my son; the army thinks for ya! '