Sign in to follow this  
Guerilla

gunner in fortification rarely fires

i made a fortification with a gunner position within the fort,the problem i have is that the gunner rarely fires on the enemy, unless( or so it seems) the enemy kills a member of squad, and it seems only when the enemy is around 30 to 50 meters from fort. now the fortification is structured so as to minimize the area the enemy can fire through to hit the gunner(small openings),would this also be limiting the fortification-gunner from engaging the enemy?

Quite possibly. It sounds to me just from reading this post that you have an enquiring enough mind to need to start to learn to script. I would have thought you could get a good response by using a script that reveals an enemy and instructs the unit to fire on them using the dofire command.

Operation Flashpoint is very unreliable when it comes to AI units behaving as if they have common sense. Often we have to hold its hand the whole way to our intended goals.

thanks again for your response, but ialready scrapped the fort and sarted another project, of course using the parts that did work ,which was the gun. the fort just wouldnt allow the gunner to see the enemy.....oh well, thanks again