Sign in to follow this  
PuG

Server Lag, low input/output

Hi, managed to get a server up after some fiddling with the configs on linux.

It was running fine yesterday, until the third mission where every so often it would lag for a few seconds - ive also experienced this when on other servers.

The FPS remains fine, it appears to be the connection drops on its input/output for the short time.

Any suggestions?

Also what do you recommend in respect to file checking/keys?

Regards.

Make sure there are no extra scripting in the missions that may create lag etc.. Also setting terrain details and view distances in missions can cause such variations.

For the server config...

I'd recommend to turn off any file check if you have the signature check on. File check can cause serious lag/freeze depending on CPU perf and no of players etc..

Signature check by definition checks addons against creators key. This should be enough control over cheating.

You can also try turning BE on if you need extra protection or you want to allow every addons on your server.

Also RegularCheck="{}"; in config can ease the stress on the server/connection issues a bit more.

Thanks, will try it out - the FPS remains constant between 42 and 50 - as I mentioned on the third mission ever so often the network speed input output would drop for a few seconds every 5 or so minutes.

The problem is we could do with a nice clean config on the Wiki, as theirs allot of conflicting suggestions.

Cheers,

Below is a simple "Server.cfg".

You can tweak your server performance by changing network traffic values in "Basic.cfg".

and yea I know..even the server.cfg example in the wiki have some codes in it that should only be in the server.armaprofile or basic.cfg. crazy_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

//

// server.cfg

//

// comments are written with "//" in front of them.

hostname=" Server_2";

password      = "pwd";    // password required to connect to server

passwordAdmin = "admin"; // password to protect admin access

maxPlayers = 32;

motd[]=                             // Welcome message.It can be several lines, separated by comma signs

{     "Welcome to my server.",     // It can be several lines, separated by

"I kill you !!!!!.........."

};

motdInterval=5;           // If the MOTD has multiple lines, display them with this interval in seconds

disableVoN=0;

vonCodecQuality=7;

battleye=0

reportingIP="";           // This is a private server - no reporting (Use "armedass.master.gamespy.com"

kickDuplicate=1;          // Do not allow duplicate player id's

voteMissionPlayers=1;   // Tells the server how many people must connect so that it displays the mission selection screen.

voteThreshold=0.33; // 33% or more players need to vote for something, for example an admin or a new map, to become effective

equalModRequired=0;

verifySignatures=1;

onUnsignedData="kick (_this select 0)";

onHackedData="kick (_this select 0)";

onDifferentData="kick (_this select 0)"; //auto kick modified files

RegularCheck="{}";

logFile = "server2.log";