Sign in to follow this  
kAISER

How-to-face question

1st question:

How can I put a specific face texture on a specific person/unit (which is not the player/ or like in the official campaigns)?

2nd question:

Is there any good tutorials in modeling men units/faces ?

yeah you can. i've done this in my mission. this makes use of a description.ext file. not only will this change the units face, but it will also adjust the units name and voice, so for example in my mission i have the player as Dmitri Lukin from the Red Hammer campaign. either open an existing description.ext file, or create a new one bby opening notepad from the start menu, then go to save, select all file types and give the filename description.ext anyway now open the file in either notepad or wordpad both are good, and then put this in the file:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgIdentities

{

class Dmitri

{

name = "Dmitri Lukin";

face = "Face2";

glasses="None";

speaker = "Nikolai";

pitch = 1.0;

};

};<span id='postcolor'>

this code will make the unit you assign become Dmitri Lukin. which will make the unit use Dmitris voices, face, and name. then open your mission in the editor, select the unit yu want to use this face, voice, name etc. and in the intialisation field of the unit enter this code:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setidentity "Dmitri"<span id='postcolor'>

this will make the game search for an identity called Dmitri in the description.ext file. you dont have to use Dmitri, the identity can be anything as long as it matches thethe name afetr the word class in the code in the ext file. you can use this method to use any of the characters in ofp, such as David Armstrong, James Gastovski, Robert Hammer, Sam Nicols, Dmitri Lukin (above), Sergei (RH resistance leader), Sgt Berghoff, Col Blake, CWC resistance leader, Slava, Angelina, General Guba basically anyone in the game. easiest way to makew sure the faces etc will be right is to extract the mission from the pbo archives using DePBO then open up the description.ext files from the campaignsa/missions and copy the entries from there. if your going to add more than one custom unit from the campaign, then you dont duplicate the cfg identities part of that code or the double }; at the end if you wanted say two faces, the code would look something like:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class CfgIdentities

{

class Dmitri

{

name = "Dmitri Lukin";

face = "Face2";

glasses="None";

speaker = "Nikolai";

pitch = 1.0;

};

class what ever the hell you want

{

name = "anything";

face = "Face2";

glasses="None";

speaker = "Nikolai";

pitch = 1.0;

};

};<span id='postcolor'>

just remember that for multiple entries of this type you only duplicate the code from the class *unit name* to the first }; after the code. just make sure that you have two }; at the end of all the identites code in the ext file. any problems then email me and i will explain.