Sign in to follow this  
NeilReed101

creating a black screen as default viewpoint

Hello everyone,

I am creating a voice intiated artwork using the ofp engine for personal use, but iam stuck , i have created a mission

where when i am a civillian  on desert isalnd, and when i speak into a micraphione via pilfius voice ativated keystrokes, a command the view switches to different camera angles showing pictures, sound and text i have inserted into the game via

billboards. and then returns back to me the civillian poiunt of view.

what i want is the civillians point of view to be completeley black , until it switches to the camera positions , and black when it switches back.

so in effect the normal view is black until i speak the command , i want the effect to be instant .

i thought it might be possible to do tjhis via scripts , but iam a graphic designer not a scripter, i also thought it might be possible to make the screen black via changing the crosshairs to a black screen with photoshop , but think there must be an easier option

any ideas would be greatley appreaciated.

kind regards

reed101

Black screen: (well, almost)

cutText ["","BLACK IN",9e6]

Fade in, in 10 seconds:

cutText ["","BLACK IN",10]

You could also make a picture to display on screen but that's a bit more complimated.

Fade in, in 10 seconds:

You could also make a picture to display on screen but that's a bit more complimated.

Fade in, in 10 seconds:

thank you very much

You could also make a picture to display on screen but that's a bit more complicated

would that be using the set object command ?

thank you .

edit solved .i used the black in 9999 command after the camera , script for each camera , and in the init line this made it black from the start and after each camera .

thanks for the help.