Sign in to follow this  
sgtwatson

SLI Flicker

I have the stupid flicker and whiteout when running in SLI is there a cure or should I just clean up my drive and uninstall it.

Is this from SLI? I think I am having this issue.

Beta 1.12, Vista 64, 9800gx2 174.74 drivers using ArmA SLI default profile in driver settings, X-fi w/latest drivers. New clean install of both the game and the OS.

No other games have this problem including ones that use a lot of HDR such as World in Conflict.

Like the OP in this thread..

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=71824

Any fix for it? I went to the driver settings and set it to Single GPU but I still had the problem show itself about 1 min in to the game. I didn't really see a FPS difference either. Is SLI not working as well?

Is there a way to run the game in single GPU mode with a 9800gx2 and if so what is the best way to do this? Because I still got the flickering when I set the profile to SingleGPU, and are we sure this is SLI related?

Thanks.

Have you tried going to your destop 3-D menu and selecting "force v-sync" option? Can't hurt to try.

Vsync on or off has not made a difference. Unfortunately I don't think I can play ArmA because of this issue, a waste of a purchase. sad_o.gif

Update1: Ok, since I have dual boot I tried the game in XP and guess what? No flickering/HDR problem! So, this seems to be only in Vista, of which I have Vista 64. I'd still much rather run the game in Vista as it my main OS, but this is at least information.

Yeah, I noticed that. I wonder why that is? I don't get the problem on my XP partition but do in Vista. So odd. I did another clean install and updated to 1.12. Only Vista has the issue. I am running 174.74 drivers on both.

i am having the same issue, i have SLI 8800 GTX, quad core system. I have these white flickering, it only seems to happen to me when i do ride in back in helo though. I def think it is an SLI issue, and i havent tried just running one card but i will and update ya, hopefully a patch will fix this issue.

Seems a few people have picked up on several separate issues here that have the same result i.e. flicker and white/blackout.

Arma is not set up to run with dual graphics, that's for sure. Check out older threads in this section.

I have ATI crossfire on mine. Depressing as I built the machine for the sole purpose of the release of Arma. I checked the specs which stated ATI and Nvidia supported. But from this I assumed SLi would work as it was existing technology at the time of Arma development.

Also I assumed that SLi was just how the computer sorts normal graphic information, and didn't think that games would have to be specially written to incorporate this feature.

Indeed, when it works in Crossfire (1 in 10 times exiting to desktop then loading the game again) using the 'AFR-FriendlyD3D'.exe thingy it's bloody amazing! Even runs Sakaka al Jawf quite well.

There must be some boffin out there with huge frontal-lobes who has an answer to this problem. It's frustrating as it works so damn well when it does actually work.

Phew that was a year and a half of silent anguish over this issue vented on your thread. Thanks

wink_o.gif