Sign in to follow this  
Major Blood

Proper Work Flow

Hello All

Quick question about work flow and the proper order of steps to complete an add-on. Is this correct?

1. Make model (if using MLOD - merge near)

2. Texture model (using A, B method. By the way, how do you use "E" to texture? )

3. UV edit? Still having problems with this one as far as unwrapping properly and using UV sets. Are there any templates released?

4. Normal, specular, diffuse map (How do you avoid using numerous textures and maps? Merger textures? ) Not sure I even need to do this if I am using the Mat Editor.

5. Elitness tool

6. Use rvmat to locate necessary files and place them in data folder.

7. Find associated files and place them in the data folder

8. Change paths in material editor

9. PBO folder and throw in game? (What exactly should be in data folder before .pboing: .p3d, data, hhl, rvmat? Or is this not correct?)

Is this work flow even close to correct?

If anyone can give some good pointers to tighten this up, it would be much appreciated.

1 - Create medium/high-poly version in Max/Maya/Favorite pro-level tool.

2 - Create normal maps / uv-unwrap textures.

-edit-

x - Create mapped reduced poly model versions

-end-

3 - Import into Oxygen

4 - Verify sections count, reducing in Oxygen if negligible, re-working source in Max/Maya/other tool if complex.

5 - Swap textures into .rvmats.

6 - Create model selections and LOD's.

7 - Create carefully inherited model.cfg, verifying proper model functionality. For characters it's also beneficial to create several proxy poses to verify proper alignment.

8 - Binarize and pack using BIS provided tools.

9 - test and repair until adequate for release.

10 - distribute.

----------

p3d's, model.cfg, and config.cpp go in the addon's root folder. tga's and .rvmats go in the data subfolder. If you have an extremely large addon, management can be helped by making sub-folders of the data subfolder.

Reference material to not be included goes in docs and source subfolders of the addon's root.

- Use version control software (only real non-commercial choice that works well with binary data is SubVersion but it's reaööy gppd). Though I'm still trying to get both my employer and mod team to us it biggrin_o.gif