Sign in to follow this  
Killer_KF

Load_o_questions

1. Is there anyway to get the AI to refuel when they start to run low?

2. Can I get them to repair at like a repair truck when their damage gets below a certain level?

3. How do you get a helecopter to go to a certain wayponin only if a trigger is executed?

4. How do you get units to salute you when yo get close enough?

5. How do you get squads to move to waypoint you have set in the game?

6. Is number 5 possible?

7. Can you dynmically set a waypoint in the game?

8. How do you get guys to sit in a chair?

9. How do you get guys with a launcher such as the AT4Lancher to have that weapon in hand when the game starts so they can shoot a helicopter down right away without having to deal with trying to switch weapons?

plz help. i know you know at least one question.

Common, someone has to know at least one questions answer.

2. I think making a repair truck of the same side (and with somebody in it) and assigning it a 'support' waypoint will mean the AI will call for it when the tank or whatever gets damaged. But this doesn't work so well because the repair truck normally rushes to the battlefield and...yeah...

Same thing can be done with fuel trucks and ambulances.

Also they sometimes can get into a 'dance' where the repair truck tries to get a little bit closer to the tank and the tank tries to get a little bit closer to the truck and they go round in circles...

With that in mind though all these were with a much older version of the game so maybe they improved it somewhere along the line.

3. You can synch a waypoint to a trigger if thats what you mean? Get your trigger and hit [F5], drag a line from the trigger to the waypoint and it won't go to the next waypoint till the trigger activates.

4. Theres a command for a unit to salute you in the command reference, you'll have to use this with a trigger to get it doing what you want.

5. *whoosh* Eh? Why wouldn't they?

9. Hmm...not sure if thats possible...

9. Try this in the ini field of the unit:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

aP switchmove "Weapon"

<span id='postcolor'>

Where aP is the name of the unit. If it doesn't work, try using it in a script that is called up, like a camera script.

7. I'm making a mission where if conditions are met, the next WP changes position. I've done it like this:

Make an empty marker caller MarkerOne (this will be the diversion WP position)

groupOne is the group name

1 is the WP number for a WP (on standard patrol)

Place this in the activation field of a trigger:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

[groupOne, 1] setWPPos getMarkerPos "MarkerOne"

<span id='postcolor'>

Once that trigger has been activated, the next WP will change position to the position of the empty MarkerOne (wherever that may be).

Quik Question Fix, and explaination.

On #5 it is asking if you can set a waypoint in game, like your actually playing, and have a squad go to that waypoint. Ex. You are on Recon and you see a whole bunch of enemies so you call a squad to destroy the opposition.