Sign in to follow this  
SGT. Armstrong

Operation flashpoint: holy war crisis

If their is one game I wish someone would make is a game based on the counter-attack by the world after 9/11/01 and kill that scum bag dopey Osama Bin Laden!!! but who better to make it than BIS!

If I was to make the storyline, I would base the story on David Armstrong (and the original cast). It's 16 years since the Everon Island war with the what was Soviet Union. David is now happily retired from the army is now living in New Jersey.(He usually still keeps in touch with Fowley, Koslowski, Gostovski,etc.)

His 3-year younger sister Rebecca worked in New York in the WTC while his parents Joe and Diana were returning from a holiday in Cyprus to New Jersey. However his parents' plane was the one that would be hijacked and crashed into the Pentagon.

His sister would also be killed in the first bombing of the WTC. David terribly distraught but also FUMING mad vowed he would bring the one responsible to Justice! He would again join the army, all of David's friends who fought the Everon War felt David's pain and decided that they would help him right whatis wrong by joining the army again with him.

You can play as different countries also like Britain, Russia, Japan and more!

So if you think this is a good storyline for the game (if they make it!wink.gif is good please write your say, if you don't like it then don't bother writing! mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SGT. Armstrong @ Feb. 26 2002,18:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">David is now happily retired from the army is now living in New Jersey.(He usually still keeps in touch with Fowley, Koslowski, Gostovski,etc.)

all of David's friends who fought the Everon War felt David's pain and decided that they would help him right whatis wrong by joining the army again with him.<span id='postcolor'>

Only thing is Armstrongs friends all died on Everon (he mentions that in game), except maybe Gostovski as I ain't got too far in the campaign because I don't play campaign that much so I don't know if he survives or not. It would be good to be any country yeah. But I'm not sure I would buy such an addon, maybe for the modern conflict but not much else.

I haven't got far in the campaign either and I thought all his friends would have survived.Guess I have to change the stoyline a litlle, but why would you not want to buy this!? I mean apart from Bin Laden's Ass-shaggers who would not want to kill Bin Laden!! I mean it's crazy!!

I wouldn't like a story based on Bin Laden.

Anyway. I went through the campaign several times and Gastavski won't die. That' for sure. You'll finish this campaign with Gastavski.

Complete the campaign. You won't be sorry. wink.gif

As l have said before a Cyprus alike war scenario would be very cool and is highly possible.

"I mean apart from Bin Laden's Ass-shaggers who would not want to kill Bin Laden!! I mean it's crazy!! "

For someone who cares about the environment who would not want to kill Bush. I mean he is moron.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (varjo @ Feb. 26 2002,19:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">For someone who cares about the environment who would not want to kill Bush. I mean he is moron.<span id='postcolor'>

Bush maybee is a moron, but he's still funny. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (animalica @ Feb. 26 2002,20:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bush?!<span id='postcolor'>

Majmun

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Balkan @ Feb. 26 2002,21:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">you trying to speak turkish ?<span id='postcolor'>

no. I'm trying to speak like people from Zimbabve. biggrin.gif

Whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA!!! I ask people what do they think of my idea and they all go on about talking bloody ZIMBABWE??? c'mon someone out there MUST!!! appreciate my idea, I mean a couple of months ago you Americans would love the idea of this!, I mean the anti-Bin Laden games are loved more than Pokemon!!!, yet when I think of bringing out a REAL anti-Bin Laden game EVERYBODY SEEMS TO BE AGAINST YOU!!!!.

Well what would you say if with every OFP: Holy War Crisis purchase every Pound (or dollar in the US) will go towards the american disaster fund!? so c'mon if you like the idea then say and if you don't please don't write! sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SGT. Armstrong @ Feb. 26 2002,21:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA!!! I ask people what do they think of my idea and they all go on about talking bloody ZIMBABWE??? c'mon someone out there MUST!!! appreciate my idea, I mean a couple of months ago you Americans would love the idea of this!, I mean the anti-Bin Laden games are loved more than Pokemon!!!, yet when I think of bringing out a REAL anti-Bin Laden game  EVERYBODY SEEMS TO BE AGAINST YOU!!!!.

Well what would you say if with every OFP: Holy War Crisis purchase every Pound (or dollar in the US) will go towards the american disaster fund!? so c'mon if you like the idea then say and if you don't please don't write! sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I have given my comment about your idea, but zimbabve is zimbabve biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Damage Inc @ Feb. 26 2002,22:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually it's Zimbabwe biggrin.gif

I like the idea.<span id='postcolor'>

It's zimbabve in Zimbabve's language. tounge.gif

biggrin.giftounge.gif OH THANK THE LORD!! some people who like the idea!!! your all my best friends now see I told some of the people the idea would ROCK!!!

I don't know about the holy war stuff, it's a big almighty American rambo -style. Though I love the Bush idea, you should work it out!

I can't really see how such a campaign would unfold.

You couldn't seriously expect an entire campaign of war to be centred on finding and stopping one man could you? ..... Hang on a minute, let me re-phrase that.....um never mind!

The single most appealing aspect of OFP (at least for me) is it's realism, and to a lesser extent how good mods/campaigns could be if they follow relatively close to actual events.

I don't think a campaign around weeks of bombing and little ground activity for the troops quite makes for a compelling OFP story.

There's my two cents, all in english, no Zimbabwe/ve/ce/ze/te, or whatever. smile.gif

Another thing. Calling it 'Holy War Crisis' is just plain wrong. There was no holy war, and a war on terrorism should never be dumbed down to simply being about religion.

1: (Team Leader) Halt!

Yea I'm done now. Sorry for the rant. confused.gif

Who would want to buy a game based around bombing caves from a distance and using a rag-tag army to fight a proxy war for you because you don't have the balls to do it yourself.

Maybe we could make a campaign about the USA sticking it's political penis into countries all over the world in which it has no right to be, smugly enforcing their "might makes right" morality on the rest of the world, and then playing victim when they finally push someone too far...

Oops, did I say that out loud or just think it?  smile.gif

Ahh Major Fubar... So you've scored a part in a Broadway musical...it's a small part but it's a start.....BRAVO! biggrin.gif

Hope you're ready for the backlash, or is that political penis whiplash?

An aside: are we allowed to say penis here, or is okay when used in the 'political' sense? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hardliner @ Feb. 26 2002,18:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif2--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SGT. Armstrong @ Feb. 26 2002,18wow.gif2)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">David is now happily retired from the army is now living in New Jersey.(He usually still keeps in touch with Fowley, Koslowski, Gostovski,etc.)

all of David's friends who fought the Everon War felt David's pain and decided that they would help him right whatis wrong by joining the army again with him.<span id='postcolor'>

Only thing is Armstrongs friends all died on Everon (he mentions that in game), except maybe Gostovski as I ain't got too far in the campaign because I don't play campaign that much so I don't know if he survives or not. It would be good to be any country yeah. But I'm not sure I would buy such an addon, maybe for the modern conflict but not much else.<span id='postcolor'>

I think he ment his warbuddy's:

Gostovski, Lt. Hammer, that other one.. when u finish the campaign u get a nice mission where u have to fly as Gostovski to Everon and meet up with Armstrong, Hammer and the other one. Also that Resistance leader guy is near Saint Pierre at his castle. Then they all have a few drinks and laughs. So all of these warbuddy's survive.

But not when i played this last mission smile.gif

I crashlanded on the Everon airfield. I stole some grenades from a truck and killed some people. Next i reached the town where i had to meet up with Hammer in my fancy sportscar. I couldn't find him, so i stole a truck and drove over some people. then i found a tank which i refueled at a nearby fuelstation. Then i drove back to the town where i had to meet up with Hammer. To get a better view in used turn out to look for him. Next i see is the face of Hammer appearing in front of me... AAAAARCH i drove my tank over him. Well, time to get the other one. This guy was fishing i heard, so i went to the place he was. I saw his boat coming so i wanted to get as near with my tank as possible. Accidently i drove the tank in the water and it was gone sad.gif. Luckily i knew where i chopper was, so i went to get it. That other guy i forgot about, but he was following me. Next thing i heard was oh no, two is down. I guess he was run over by a car, but i never found his body. Then i needed to get the last guy, but i don't remember where he was. All i know is that i got him with the chopper and wanted him to EJECT, but instead of this i choose DISEMBARK. Funny thing was that he almost made in to the bar only he lies dead in front of it. The good news is i found that resistance leader near the castle, and he joined me for a drink.

Next time i played it they all survived.