Sign in to follow this  
ShooterSix

Changing your mens weapons

I want to change the weapon of my riflemen to the M16, instead of the M4. I searched and searched, and found some commands,

Lets assume my players name is "arma"

I type in:

removeallweapons arma;arma addweapon M16

What I have above is EXACTLY what I type, yet it doesn't work. I can make my character start with nothing at all, but I can't have him start with the M16.

This seems harder than it looks, and pasting this command in every soldier will get annoying, but I really would like my men to use the M16.

Thanks so much!

For the addWeapon command you have to put the name of the weapon (weapon names found here: ArmA Weapons) in quotes:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">removeAllWeapons arma; arma addWeapon "M16A2";

Thanks alot, finally have a M16, didn't think I had to add the "" around the weapon, awesome. Now looking up how to add magazines. Appreciate the help.

Quote[/b] ]Now looking up how to add magazines. Appreciate the help.

removeallweapons arma ;arma addweapon "weaponName" ;arma addMagazine "magazineName"

i dont kno if its the same in arma but in ofp u shud put the addmagazine bit before the addweapon bit well at least once as if the addweapon line is before the addmag line u will have to reload your gun wen the mission starts ie

removeallweapons this;this addmagazine "wotever";this addweapon "wotever";this addmagazine......... and so on

Pointless post i know but jus thought id let u know icon_rolleyes.gif

All teh best

Dan

Quote[/b] ]i dont kno if its the same in arma but in ofp u shud put the addmagazine bit before the addweapon bit well at least once as if the addweapon line is before the addmag line u will have to reload your gun wen the mission starts ie

removeallweapons this;this addmagazine "wotever";this addweapon "wotever";this addmagazine......... and so on

Pointless post i know but jus thought id let u know icon_rolleyes.gif

All teh best

Yes,you`re right i forgot about this,sorry,thank you.

If you're just swapping the M4 for the M16 you don't need to do anything with the magazines, since they both take the same mags. Just use the 'removeweapon' command to remove the M4 instead of 'removeallweapons'.