Sign in to follow this  
Flackjacket

AI pilots flying into mountains.

Maybe they,re just unhappy, had a bad childhood, combat fatigue. Who knows. Is there a way to get these guys to take your squad through mountainous areas without flying in to the side of a mountain?

I have the pilot set to safe combat mode.Seems to make no difference what the mode is set too. Also while in vehicles they drive off bridges.

I can comment some.

First of all I play Evolution sometimes quite often (hours at a time).I will have AI pilot for me and a game yesterday another user was shuttling people with AI chopper pilot.Out of the hundreds of times I have ridden with AI pilot only a few times they have crashed into the mountains.

I am thinking...

Are you playing single player ? Maybe your pc isn't powerfull enough to have good AI (you didn't list any specs or examples of errors in-use)

You could try (are these your own SP missions?) Even if MP , select slightly different waypoints,try not to go over the bulk of the mountain, try a slightly different path

(are they always happening in same spot?)

You didn't give enough information

Depends on what version you're using. I've got the latest patch and never seen this before. whistle.gif

I have a mission setup where a helo is on seek&destroy in a valley-like area and it crashes everytime even if it´s speed is set to slow. The AI just cant make it.

Period.

Im not sure if it does it with the new patch. Just installed it. It happens in Single player missions that I have created. I use the choppers to shuttle my guys around to different points to take out assorted targets then load them up and move them somewhere else... Its a drag after playing for a couple of hours with your squad, batteling it out and surviving with just a few squad members being killed... then flying into a mountain. Happens often. Machine specs should not be a problem:

EVGA mobo

2 EVGA 8800 gts SLI oc'ed

Intel core 2.. 2.4 OC'ed to 3.3

4 gig o ram

Creative Xfi sound

Vista 32 home Prem