Sign in to follow this  
^GEI^ Fran

Amazing

Head Tracking for Desktop VR Displays

You must watch this!!!

this guy is incredible

Regards

Track IR FTW.

I'll make this topic pertinent to ArmA2. Right now in ArmA, in vehicles it only supports 3dof (rotation) inside vehicles. In ArmA 2, (I wouldn't be opposed to it in an ArmA patch wink_o.gif I would like to see full 6dof (rotation and position) support in vehicles. This would be very helpful for helo pilots since you would be able to see the ground a little better.

Yeah, true 6dof ala MSFS would be excellent.. I have to disable the zoom axis in ArmA controls and set up a slider on my joystick for zooming just because it simply won't work right otherwise. . . Turning my head also causes the trackIR to zoom in, even when I've disabled TrueView in the trackIR hardware settings and setting the target size to the approximate pixel size of the IR reflectors at the distance I sit from the monitor. Actually, now I can't even get the zoom to default in the middle no matter HOW i set up the controls.... I'm always zoomed out ALL The way, even when I totally unbind the zoom in/out control, or bind it to both sides of an axis, or even just one. (anyone know how to fix that?)

So I just leave my joystick slider in the middle, and have to tap it now and again when my zoom starts flickering in/out by itself sad_o.gif

I don`t have an Track IR, but are you sure that the slider that you bound the zoom too, is stable when not touched? huh.gif

Heh, nah, the zoom flickering is unrelated to trackIR - it is entirely the fault of the slider , I unbound all other zoom axes smile_o.gif