Sign in to follow this  
vapor24

Couple of questions from a newbie

This was my 2d day of playing multiplayer, and it was some fun. Is there carryover from one session to another, or do you start out every time as a private? The reason I asked is that when I left yesterday I was a corporal, then today I went into a mission, destroyed a couple of vehicles (enemy), and all of a sudden I'm promoted to colonel... Does each host set promotion rules, or is there a universal rule of promotion?

Also, one of the guys I was running with brought in an AI rifleman to sit in the helo while we assaulted the town, I guess because it keeps the helo from disappearing. How do you do that? My ground vehicles stayed around forever when I parked them, but the helos eventually disappeared. Where is the info for that kind of stuff?

Another thing: A couple of times I've logged in and the "receiving" bar hangs after completing, and I have to ctl-alt-del to get out of the game. What causes that? Is the side full? If that's the case, why don't they let you GTF out of the game when that happens?

Silly me. I should have just bothered someone in-game to begin with...

But thanks anyway!

Silly you, you must be referring to "Evolution" which is a user made mission. Hardly any other mission plays that way (ranking) and its not a built-in BIS mission.

Here's the proper topic : http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=68835

I can answer a few....

The Evolution mission does save your stats,as long as the same mission is still running and you join that same server again (could be several days as long as whole mission hasn't been completed or server hasn't crashed or reset)

I like to find the Freshly started Evolution missions.

Not all vehicles respawn back at base, so leaving the AI trick isn't necessary

Quote[/b] ]

Another thing: A couple of times I've logged in and the "receiving" bar hangs after completing, and I have to ctl-alt-del to get out of the game

It could take 10 minutes for recieving mission to let-you-in.

depending on how many players,trees down, vehicles damaged or various other things

Also note that some Evolution servers have unlocked settings, in other words you might be able to use any weapon from start and some give you rank at first points

Maybe a mod could just merge this post after starter reads