Sign in to follow this  
justinas91

If i want to play with shadows

now i have a compiuter asus 7600gs 256mb agp 8x

amd 64 3800 2.4ghz s939 1536ram and i am using a ffur latest mod. i want to play the game without a lag with shadows enabled what do i need to upgrade the procesor or the ram. i am now playng the game at 1200 view distance textures qoulity at max, frame rate set to 7.15 still i get lags on the mision battlefield even without the shadows. So what do i need to upgrade that i cud play without lags with those stats and shadows enabled even at the battlefield mision. because i want to upgrade my compiuter for ofp and i at this time i can buy only 1024 ram or a amd64 2x 4200 2.2ghz s939 procesor wich better to take?

Ofp is actually not capable of using more than, say 1 Ghz cpu speed and about 512 mb of ram, it doesn't matter how good your gfx card is, anything better than a 9800 doesn't matter either.

Your only choice is to turn down the visuals.

I play at 800x600, visual quality of 6 and no shadows, take that wink_o.gif

Wrong, wrong, wrong and you don't have to use shitty settings to get good fps if you have a fast machine.

I don't think even the ffurry mod takes 1.5 gigs of ram though so I'd go for a faster cpu.

ok thanks for the help and one more qoustion is arma better on large firefights then the firs game because i will upgrade to 2gigs of ram and move on to arma maybe i wont get to play on max details but the medium and low textures shadows... are still better then the first game.

Now I wouldn't be so sure about that. ArmA can be pretty god damn ugly on low settings biggrin_o.gif Almost like a badly drawn & colored cartoon.

OFP can look a lot more crisp and detailed with good addons and anisotropic & trilinear filtering enabled etc while still being perfectly playable on a low-mid level system.

It's a bit like FarCry and Crysis, the former will look way better when both are set up to run at a satisfactory frame rate on an older system.

ofp does not supporrt amd64 2x

cant buy a amd64 cpu that has one core and has 2.8 or 3.0 ghz because there isnt one and amd64 2x 2.8ghz cost alot