Sign in to follow this  
Untermensch

Order of battle for stryker pltn and some q??

Hello all, I'm doing a multiplayer mission and I would like to use the same OOB as in real life for BLUFOR only (since SLA doesnt exist in reality I won't bother with that wink_o.gif )

I got one Stryker rifle Platoon and one MBT Platoon, according to my research a stryker Rif Platoon has 1 mortar Stryk carrying HQ Plt + 2 Wpn teams and 3 M2 Stryk. carrying 1 rifle squad each.

My questio is....Are snipers, mortars and medics embeded in this platoon or are they independent?

How many snipers would be realistic to give to an attacking force of this characteristics?

Which units do I need to remove or add to make a realistic Stryker Pltn??

For each stryker Squad I get one medic....Is this realistic?

Which are the weapons used by these squads?

Another thing is the number of RPG's that normally are in use in one MP mission which I believe is unrealistic.

How many RPG's have one AT soldier?

I have decided for my mission to give each AT soldier ONE RPG and store some more in the Strykers.

And finally the Abrams Pltn....Is there any other unit I would need to add to the MBT Pltn to make it more realistic like maybe a Humvee patrol?

Thank you for your help notworthy.gif

I assume you have already looked through

FM 3-21.9 - THE SBCT INFANTRY RIFLE PLATOON AND SQUAD?  If not, do check it out as it should answer most of your questions, especilly sec 1-3. ORGANIZATION.  If you have looked at it, definitely review it again.

Regarding snipers, read 1-4. RESPONSIBILITIES and scroll down to K fro Designated Marksmen/Snipers.

Regarding weapons used, this is also shown in 1-4. RESPONSIBILITIES.  There is also discussion of AT weapons.

Regarding medics, I believe there is only one medic per platoon, not squad.

I applaud you for wanting to go as realistic as possible...good luck!

I'm still confuse about how many javelin a stryker pltn carries and if carries anything else such as LAW's.

I guess it depends of the situation and what the Pltn plans to find ahead of them but there must be some standard number of Javelins and LAWs I guess.....

Anybody fresh from the US ARMY with the answers??

Thank you

I think it's two javelins per vehicle, but I could be mistaken. I recall that number being used for Bradley CFV's and M113's...

Additionally, I think tank platoons usually support an entire company or battalion of infantry, so it might be more balanced/realistic to only use a section (two tanks) to support the stryker platoon.

(I think the field manual has a whole section on combined infantry/tank operations. Should be useful for your mission).

For arma balance reasons, it might be preferable to give the at soldiers either one javelin or three AT-4's. AT-4's are often used one after the other (even though they are single shot), and it's hard in arma to reload from a vehicle. Limiting the AT soldiers to one AT-4 might make them less effective than in real life...

Good luck!