Sign in to follow this  
-IC-Wedge

A question about rvmats

Hi Again

I Suppose im posting this just to clarify some info.... so bare with me! :-)

The island ive just released HERE

I used the 4 Rahmadi textures which shipped with the BIS island which included the Detail, MCO, nohq and rvmat. When i created my island and added the sat & mask maps it created the layers folder with all the relevant files. hunky dorey.all converted to .paa and working just fine.

I have started work on a new island in which i wanted to use a few more textures from Sara. I Cant seem to find the relevant Detail png, MCO png, nohq png and rvmat files so i just used the paa files from sara itself. When i went throught the normal process the textures are just showing black in buldozer.

Do i need to use the original png files and if so how do i create the rvmat file???

If you can help that would be awesome

Cheers

Wedge

When you use the sahrani paa`s you need to resize them, afaik are they 1024 and the demo island textures are 512x512. **

Use the demo rvmats to test with your textures

U can also create your own textures like i do in my Island.

** All Sahrani detail_nohq, detail and mco files are in ArmA\AddOns\sara\Data

Quote[/b] ]When you use the sahrani paa`s you need to resize them, afaik are they 1024 and the demo island textures are 512x512.

So your saying i need to resize to 512.

Quote[/b] ]Use the demo rvmats to test with your textures

which demo ones are you refering to?? If you mean the rahmadi ones my new island has 6 textures not 4 so, excuse me for being stoopid, im not too sure what u mean :-)

Quote[/b] ]which demo ones are you refering to?? If you mean the rahmadi ones my new island has 6 textures not 4 so, excuse me for being stoopid, im not too sure what u mean :-)

you create 2 new rvmats for your 2 new textures

and yes i mean the rahmadi ones smile_o.gif

arma rvmat

Quote[/b] ]So your saying i need to resize to 512.

Yeah when u take the paa -- png then resize before using in vis3.

keep in mind that you use only four different detail textures per segment.

(in my first tests i didnt even change the rvamt just the textures)

Ahh ok pretty simple now i think anout it...i think that i thought that you had to create a new kind of rvmat not just edit and change the properties of the BIS sample ones..

Thanks mate trying it now

Il let ya know how i get on