Sign in to follow this  
Owuor

Variable confusion

OK, I'm making my first foray into using variables.

I have two scripts that run when certain conditions have been met. What I want to do is to run a trigger once both of these scripts have been run. I was thinking I could do it with variables.

I am not having any luck though.

Initially I want the variable testvar to equal 0

At the end of each script can i do something like

testvar = testvar + 1

and have my trigger activate on the condition

testvar = 2

or do variables only work on true-false?

Any help would be appreciated.

I found the Editing Tutorial on the OFP disk more than a little skimpy with how it dealt with variables.

Hi,

it seems you simply got the activation condition wrong. To test if two things are equal, you have to use "==" instead of "=" (which is only used of assignment).

So, put this in the condition field of the trigger,

testvar == 2

and it should work.

Spinor

yes, you can use variable=variable+1 but if you want to check for the variable's numerical value you'll have to use "=="

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">? (variable==2)<span id='postcolor'>

you could also use 2 different variables set to true of false

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">variable1 = true AND variable2 = true<span id='postcolor'>

Thank you both! I sucessfully tried it both ways, with the == and using two variables with true/false as well.

Much appreciated! smile.gif