Sign in to follow this  
Acid

Decrypted campaign missions

i need to know one of two things. when using the unpack-sqm tool it says it decrypts the entire mission.sqm file except for the last few lines which must be manually replaced or something before it can be opened in the editor. anyway i used the unpack-sqm tool and it generated a text file of the mission, what do i do with this file or whatever so i can open the mission in the editor.

or

is there a place where i can download the pre-decrypted Cold War Crisis campaign missions. i dont need the Red Hammer ones as for some reason when i DePBO'd them they open in the editor and work fine without any problems even thoough i never went near them with the unpack tool.

Once you unpack the SQM file, it's all text. If you'll scroll to the bottom of the text file, you'll see a few promo message lines, as follows:

This exe file was created with the evaluation version of Perl2Exe.

For more information visit http://www.indigostar.com

(The full version does not display this message with a 2 second delay.)

All you have to do is delete this.

i checked inside the text file that was generated by the unpack-sqm tool and all i got was all this:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">eAćrE™™TTTTÅ‘    ŃEzŃŃŃŃEEEEEE Å›A   ÅÃŽSCUâ„¢      n E Ó šššššš€MEEEE  ëma e Å›A al â„¢ ninnC AÅŸtSCeA       ÄpeÅ¡Å¡ E4Bidnio ÷ EÅ›rA"scEti[Å¡ "PüëÓ÷B5

CUÅ›c?  h"  ÉA Ó  ae"33h= EeE8      AÅŸÅŸtSCe €????ÄÅ¡Å¡   e tÅ¡EeEdeeeeeeee E4BidBidBa eA  5> eeeee™™™™         €;ÄŽ Ó  €??????? €???ÄŃŃŃŃEÓ÷Be an(aÅ¡Å¡EKÃŽDr5 aser  D5eKÅ¡a eActrue;™™™™™™™L d  ů"E5  ů"E[    CUDeEEEnC]Bumâ„¢  eAt ÷Be  8     ne ÅeAŃŃEŃEÓ÷B  eeeeeeee €????Ä©5   eŃŃŃ© ŃŃŃ™™KneEEEWin E4BidB3333eëEEEEE Å›A EI  eAeEEEÅ¡oK ae"33<span id='postcolor'>

I dunno about you but i cant make any sense of that

First of all, could you edit that last post and just delete 95% of the MISSION.SQM file? It's not helpful.

Second, exactly how are you running the UNPACK-SQM utility?

ok edited.

to use the unpack-sqm tool im placing both the unpack program into a blank directory with the mission.sqm file and then running the utility, as it doesn't seem to work if i have more than one file in the directory where the unpack tool is. is this wrong? whats the correct way to use it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Acid @ Feb. 25 2002,16:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">ok edited.

to use the unpack-sqm tool im placing both the unpack program into a blank directory with the mission.sqm file and then running the utility, as it doesn't seem to work if i have more than one file in the directory where the unpack tool is. is this wrong? whats the correct way to use it?<span id='postcolor'>

Just for assumptions say, let's say the program's name is DeSQM.EXE.

1. Copy the DeSQM program to a work directory.

2. Copy the MISSION.SQM file to be decrypted to the same directory.

3. From within the work directory, issue this following command: desqm>mission.txt

(you can specify any file name in place of MISSION.TXT).

4. Edit the output MISSION.TXT file and delete the blank line and the following

3 lines that were appended by the DeSQM program to the bottom of the file:

This exe file was created with the evaluation version of Perl2Exe.

For more information visit http://www.indigostar.com

(The full version does not display this message with a 2 second delay.)

Look carefully at step 3.

what do you mean by "issue this following command: desqm>mission.txt" by the way the tools name is "Decrypt SQM". The only way it seems to work is to open it by double clicking on it, and only if theres a mission.sqm file in the same directory as the tool itself. incase this has got anything to do with it the location of the work directory is:

C:\Program Files\Codemasters\Operation Flashpoint\Decrypt\

What im getting when running the tool is a long list of this line:

"Use of unintialised value in print at unpack.pl line 113."

Never used the program before but from the Avon Lady's instructions I would guess it's a DOS program (i.e. run the command from a DOS window as per her instructions).

Edit: Hang on, you are using DeSQM.exe program aren't you?

i checked that site a while ago and saw them there, bu ve been back there recently and cant find them anywhere. by the looks of it they removed those downloads, thats why im tring to decrypt them myself.