Sign in to follow this  
azraelthe32nd

Is this possible?

I'm new to editing. i need some help and i have some questions to all the editing gurus out there:

1: Can you make a "spy" unit? As in an "east" unit that looks like a "west" unit, but "west" units dont recognize it to be "east". (I know there are "east" and "west" spies in the editor, but they only look the part. they dont play it)

2: If you can make a spy unit like that....how can you do it?

3: This is a dumb one. how do you create a group of soldiers in the editor? IE: ASF's German soldiers grouped and then easier to place on the map...

much thanks to anyone who can give me answers to these quetions....

You can test out some commands and stuff.

Using the SetCaptive true in the ini field of a unit makes sure that enemy units do not fire on that unit, but it won't stop that unit from opening fire on the enemy. To stop him firing at the enemy, set his behaviour to never fire.

I don't think that works if the captive-unit is armed....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Can you make a "spy" unit? As in an "east" unit that looks like a "west" unit, but "west" units dont recognize it to be "east". (I know there are "east" and "west" spies in the editor, but they only look the part. they dont play it)

<span id='postcolor'>

I suppose you could make an east unit and group it under a resistance unit that would lead. then kill the resistance guy, and you'll have an east soldier that's actualy in the resistance group. Make sure you have the resistance friendly to all.

Once you start firing at the west, the will fire back so there shouldn't be any problems with firefights  biggrin.gif