Sign in to follow this  
Satchel

Immediate reaction forces,,1-1 avn regt co b ah-64

*cough* actually i promised the reskinned AH-64A for christmas, but i overhauled it almost completely in the meantime, working out details and giving it almost photorealistic textures. I think it´s one of best Texture jobs i have ever done, including higher resolution artworks i´ve did for IL-2 and B17-2, considering that these are 256x256 px textures, which normally doesn´t allow for much detail when stretched across large surfaces. Lots of visual tricks in the textures to give it depth and more of a 3d feeling- you could almost think it´s is a new 3D model, but it isn´t wink.gif:

irfpromo.jpg

It´s the first reskinned model of a planned series encompassing NATO´s Immediate Reaction Forces, both Air and Land.

Coming real soon to a download location near you, i´ve just need to get some snacks and beer out of the cellar, then i will upload it biggrin.gif.

I didnt think reskinning a object could change the apperance so much. Ill be damned. You proved me wrong.

-Great job as usual, Satchel.

I love it... UPLOAD, UPLOAD, UPLOAD! ! !

Wow, satchel your skills keep amazing me.

Talking of the AH64, I was testing your sound pack and I tried flying one of them near a shilka, to my surpise, when I was hit and my armour was low ihear WARNING, WARNIG and there was a siren niose. very nice.

would it be possilbe for this to replace the original AH64, I like it too much and want to use it in offical missions biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Satchel @ Feb. 23 2002,20:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Coming real soon to a download location near you, i´ve just need to get some snacks and beer out of the cellar, then i will upload it biggrin.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

Wether u got a damn large cellar, or you drunk too much beer before trying to get up the stairs again

=) When u gonna upload dont tease me you know weyall want it badly becuz ur just a badass texture artist!

Guess that were 5 or 6 beer to much last night biggrin.gif

I forgot about the comp....it was still running in the morning, sorry guys biggrin.gif

ahside.jpg

However, i´ve changed my mind about the not very common (but nevertheless realistic) brownish earthtone coloring used on the Apache before, as you can see on the pic.

Hell, if it i don´t release it today, i will never get finished with this, as i always find a minor thing that gets my attention and could be done better, it´s either near perfect or i don´t like it, not much inbetween......

Should be up in about 1-2 hours, check back then.

BTW, the glas i painted it for better contrast, gives a minor advantage in low light conditions when not using NVG´s.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Satchel @ Feb. 24 2002,19:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hell, if it i don´t release it today, i will never get finished with this, as i always find a minor thing that gets my attention and could be done better, it´s either near perfect or i don´t like it, not much inbetween......

Should be up in about 1-2 hours, check back then.<span id='postcolor'>

HAha im checking back now smile.gif

U on beer again?! tounge.gif

Jeez, Satchel, are you brewing that beer? biggrin.gif

Hmmm someone should contact Satchels local likorstore/supermarket and tell them not to sell this man any more of that stuff

HAha u dont come of this easily. Ill bump the post back smile.gif

Heh so.... when was the release of this masterpiece again? tounge.gif

Please, Please upload that Satchel. That's the best looking texture I've ever seen for OFP, and I've downloaded them all.

Great work. I'm in awe.

Too true...don't worry about perfecting it Satchel. As it is, it's better than any texture I've ever seen for OFP. Isn't that good enough? Looks perfect to me.

Back 2 feet away from your monitor and it looks like a real picture of a new Apache model. Amazing...

OY! Satchel:

Upload that mother ASAP! Mindys right. that is the best looking texture job ive seen for OFP. I dont have every addon in existence but i have ever single one that i can find. All of em from www.ofpeditingcenter.com's addon dept and a bunch of others.

anyone whos seen your screenies have to agree:

UPLOAD IT!

BTW: i LOVE your soundpack. totally rocks out!

still waiting if you need a place to host it give me a shout i have an 100mb/s server

Wow satchel thats one sweet chopper. Could you reskin the chinook and both blachhawks? I espaccialy(?) like the tinted windows. But could you do a blackhawk and a chinook with black tinted windows? That would be so cool!

Arch.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Flugel @ Feb. 26 2002,20:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">heh where the guy wenT? tounge.gif

some1 track him down biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Maybe he's asleep at the switch...someone poke him with a stick.

We need that chopper biggrin.gif

soooooo........

I guess he decided it wasnt good enough for him and hes going to make it "perfect". I say crack kills.